Check Waterways World Magazine before buying it

canalboat

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Cheshire cat said:

I was going to say wack it on Ebay as rare!

We had a copy of Harry Potter with a chapter duplicated and my wife took it back to the shop. I couldn't believe it. 

Sounds like someone used the Gemino charm on that chapter, every time you touch it, it will multiplying but the copies are worthless. Just be thankful they didn't use the Flagrante charm as well

With the similarity between the internals of caravans, mobile homes, and boats you'd think someone would make a magazine that dealt with the DIY aspects of them.

Should I be pitching this idea to publishers? More's to the point: should I be publishing it myself?  :D

Just now, Richard Fairhurst said:

Launching any new magazine in 2018 is a brave thing to do!

(There was of course once a show that catered for caravans, mobile homes and boats - the Birmingham one - but that died a death...)

Very true.

I edit a free Linux magazine which is a PDF download. It's pretty popular, but we're all volunteers. I dunno if there'd be much interest from volunteer writers for a free caravan/boat magazine. If there was I'd do it.

7 minutes ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

(There was of course once a show that catered for caravans, mobile homes and boats - the Birmingham one - but that died a death...)

Really?

It was on last weekend at the NEC. 

18 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Really?

It was on last weekend at the NEC. 

No, the old Boat, Caravan & Leisure Show wasn't. Last weekend's show was a successor caravan and motorhome show, organised by a different company, which has taken its place in the calendar. (And doesn't have boats!)

I am ashamed to say I read the article twice, and didn't realise what was happened. To be fair I had put the magazine down for a couple of hours between, and thought that I must have just got confused as to where I had stopped the first time.

Thanks for the link to the missing article - very fine.

There was some quite nice coverage of Standedge tunnel in Michael Portillio's latest railway trip.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088rpqh/great-british-railway-journeys-series-8-7-manchester-piccadilly-to-silkstone-common

My boat was about 10 feet out of shot in a later episode, as the train pulls into Ely station.

On 3/2/2018 at 17:14, ronnietucker said:

I edit a free Linux magazine which is a PDF download. It's pretty popular, but we're all volunteers. 

Tell me more ... like which one / where to find it / does it come with free penquin on the cover etc.

(Just don't tell @rusty69 that Linus might be in it!)

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Tell me more ... like which one / where to find it / does it come with free penquin on the cover etc.

(Just don't tell @rusty69 that Linus might be in it!)

Admin/Mods: I hope I'm allowed to mention it. If not, feel free to delete this.

Full Circle Magazine
http://fullcirclemagazine.org

40 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

Admin/Mods: I hope I'm allowed to mention it. If not, feel free to delete this.

Full Circle Magazine
http://fullcirclemagazine.org

Can't see why not.  It's a non-commercial website that cropped up in normal discussion, not a blatant plug.  In fact I had to ask before you even linked it.

Mind you I'm odd.  I still have redhat's first beta CD somewhere in the junkpile. When was that '92/'93?

Edited by TheBiscuits

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Obviously I meant "penguin". I do not know what a "penquin" is! Sorry Tux!

220px-Tux.png

SPRIGGS:
How much are they? How much are the-eeeey! I'll just look in this catalogue.

SEAGOON:
I don't want a cat, I want a penguin. Look in the penguin log

13 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I don't like Lino.Much prefer solid oak

Wot! You don't like lino? 

Did you know lino was made from linseed oil and a few fillers thrown in? Alternative was heavily plasticised PVC which was ok if they used DIDP.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Wot! You don't like lino? 

Did you know lino was made from linseed oil and a few fillers thrown in? Alternative was heavily plasticised PVC which was ok if they used DIDP.

Wot no : diisononyl phthalate (DINP