aldi banging

Featured Posts

hi every one hope you are all keeping warm ....could anyone explain or know why my aldi comfort gives out a loud bang its such a loud band it woke me up this morning as i left it on but only on no3 setting ..it dont do it most days ..i have had the aldi serviced just before xmas ...i will willingly except the funnys that will come my way with this tread ..but i would also like to know whats making  make this scary noise thanks 

Haza, there was a mention on another thread recently of clanks and bangs from plumbing systems, and the reason for them. It made sense but unfortunately I can't remember the exact reasoning.

Could be the main burner firing up when the temperature of the water in the boiler has dropped.  This is more of a woomf than a bang.  I am assuming this is the Comfort style tall thin boiler. Try turning the dial to a lower number so the main boiler is not firing then up again until it does fire. Does it make the noise you have noticed?

If it is more of a bumping noise it could be due to the water boiling in the jacket.  There is a sensor which should prevent this.  I think that if they malfunction the boiler doesn't fire up

Edited by philjw
wording

13 minutes ago, haza said:

hi every one hope you are all keeping warm ....could anyone explain or know why my aldi comfort gives out a loud bang its such a loud band it woke me up this morning as i left it on but only on no3 setting ..it dont do it most days ..i have had the aldi serviced just before xmas ...i will willingly except the funnys that will come my way with this tread ..but i would also like to know whats making  make this scary noise thanks 

Sounds like an over accumulation of gas before it's igniting.

Even though it's been serviced I would say it needs looking at agin, professionally.

Probably because its Thursday, the day when all the new 'treasures' are shuffled around in the 'middle aisles'

14 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Am I right in thinking an Aldi is a gas heater? They're rather fuel hungry aren't they?

No - I'm fairly sure that ALDE are gas heaters, ALDI is a chain of low-priced supermarkets.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Are the radiators getting hot? If not make sure that the little pump motor is working by feelimg it and hearing it wirring. The pump motor is the little round thing at the very top of the unit, on top of the plastic topping up tank. Also the immersed pumps impellor may be worn. To check it, unscrew the pump from the plastic tank,  ''the filler cap where you top it up'',  the pump comes off with it, with the impellor on a stalk attached.

Edited by bizzard

29 minutes ago, philjw said:

What are you thinking here then Bizz? if there is no circulation the boiler is overheating and kettling?

My thoughts too, check all the pipes that should be hot are hot and the ones that should be cool are cool. Its also been damn cold as well , could there be a plug of ice in some cold corner, like under a window or by a ventilator?

• Greenie 1

thanks guys for the info, radiators are hot .fitted new impel had it serviced by someone from  anglo welsh ..they guy who done the service was not at work to day ..i will speak to him in the morning there is anti freeze ...but going back to the noise it makes its just done it this minute for the first time today and it sounds just like someone hitting the side of the boat with an hammer its a bit of a loud bang to be fair ,,,and as for the banging out side aldi.s i was there today and i heard loads of banging whooshing .but i knew what was cause of that noise .but one come in from my aldi comfort i have no idea ..and as for my aldi comfort use in to much gas at 45 quid for the biggest bottle of gas in the world .i can afford to have it on 24/7 ..lol but would my learnerd friends advice not to use it .till i can get it looked at ...i thank you i thank  you i thank you ..,,,im sure some one out there will inform us who.s catch phase that was i know so there  

2 hours ago, linnit said:

the bang was the flexi air duct knocking on the back..stopped it by tie wrapping duct 

7 minutes ago, haza said:

it sounds just like someone hitting the side of the boat with an hammer

Do we think they could be the same thing?