Marina Plans, Milton Keynes

Tanglewood

Featured Posts

The following was published on the CRT Public Notices page.  Looks very posh!

A Public Notice for the purposes of Section 121 of The Charities Act 2011

Canal & River Trust acting as Trustee of The Waterways Infrastructure Trust (charity registration number 1146792-2) (the Trust) gives notice that the Trust proposes to enter into the following agreements.

A network access agreement for the connection of a 111 berth marina at Newlands, Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
A deed of grant for the construction of a footbridge spanning the canal, towpath and marina connection at Campbell Park, Milton Keynes and shown edged red on the plans.

Further details and plans to this notice can be viewed on the Charity’s web page http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/for-businesses/public-notices alternatively; a copy of the information may be requested in writing.

Any representations or comments in relation to the proposed transaction should be sent for consideration to the following address by no later than 9th March 2018:

Canal & River Trust acting as Trustee of the Waterways Infrastructure Trust;FAO: Estates Manager, Canal & River Trust, Fearns Wharf, Neptune Street, Leeds, LS9 8PB

50 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

Canal & River Trust acting as Trustee of The Waterways Infrastructure Trust (charity registration number 1146792-2) (the Trust) gives notice that the Trust proposes to enter into the following agreements.

A network access agreement for the connection of a 111 berth marina at Newlands, Campbell Park, Milton Keynes.
A deed of grant for the construction of a footbridge spanning the canal, towpath and marina connection at Campbell Park, Milton Keynes and shown edged red on the plans.

Further details and plans to this notice can be viewed on the Charity’s web page http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/about-us/for-businesses/public-notices alternatively; a copy of the information may be requested in writing.

Any representations or comments in relation to the proposed transaction should be sent for consideration to the following address by no later than 9th March 2018:

Canal & River Trust acting as Trustee of the Waterways Infrastructure Trust;FAO: Estates Manager, Canal & River Trust, Fearns Wharf, Neptune Street, Leeds, LS9 8PB

Thanks - I'm a Parish Councillor in Milton Keynes - I'll have a look...

1 hour ago, Tanglewood said:

The site already has planning permission

https://publicaccess2.milton-keynes.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=ONZBTAKW0DV00&activeTab=summary

Tim

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Thanks Tim; I'm not in that Ward so we don't get automatic notifications. I have to go and look just like everyone else!

4 hours ago, 1st ade said:

Thanks Tim; I'm not in that Ward so we don't get automatic notifications. I have to go and look just like everyone else!

Yes, so I found out afterwards, but interesting that the notice has only just been posted by CRT - I suppose they couldn't actually give notice about something that the local planning authority was still considering.  The proposed development got a lot of press coverage 2 or 3 years ago, but as it had gone quiet I did wonder whether it had been a casualty of the current economic uncertainty.  It looks as if it will be adjacent to Gullivers Land, so very much keeping commercial activity together.  

Edited by Tanglewood
Meant to quote reference to the fact that permission had already been granted

16 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

couldn't actually give notice about something that the local planning authority was still considering.

Doesn't stop some people! we had a restaurant that was open and serving food before the planning permission came through! I guess if you are prepared to take the risk...

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

Mk area will be high mooring fees that area will always attract boats in marina even crt near there are around 2k+

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

If only moorings here were that incredibly cheap....

If  only moorings in the area being talked about were that cheap!

But obviously that depens how long a boat we are talking about.

We were looking at a lot more than that for a 72 foot boat when I was making enquiries a couple of years back.

4 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

Just out side mk at stony stratford think it is gaydon marina think it is 65-70 mooring 1750. Other marinas wanted 2500, so my 2k+ at the moment around mk is about right.

The only marina I can think you can mean is perhaps Gayton, rather than Gaydon?

If so, I have just re-enquired, and am told that a 70 foot berth there is priced at £3,355.

So unless they were offering a 50% discount for an unconverted "historic", I don't understand the number you are quoting.

I still stick by the assertion that you are not going to find anything reasonable in the Milton Keynes area, (and Gayton is anyway well North of it), at anywhere like £2,000.

If you can. I'll go there!