Thinking of living on a boat

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

I'd rather be a lender than a borrower (that puts him in my debt again, I can reclaim a favour at any time - he'll never know when I am coming for it - evil laugh)

Can i borrow 50 quid? 

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

I'd rather be a lender than a borrower (that puts him in my debt again, I can reclaim a favour at any time - he'll never know when I am coming for it - evil laugh)

Do it like the payday lenders - I lend you a greenie until Friday, and you owe me three greenies back! 

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2018 at 15:58, Athy said:

I was reading the article sympathetically until I came to the line "Lack of decent shops". Perhaps she is a town- or city-dweller who is accustomed to having a wide range of shops within easy reach. But it is surely not hard to stock up with provisions when you come to a shop, and live on those provisions until you come to the next one.

That said, it is a pity that what they hoped would be an improved lifestyle turned into quite the opposite.

Agreed, that was the statement that jumped out at me.....the shops are still there just plan a bit....but then maybe Oxford St or the local Pravda ?..or similar ...was too far to walk ;)

Expectations v Normal sense of reality too far apart.........stop being coerced in any walk of life.

On 01/03/2018 at 10:22, Grassman said:

The is a 'newbie boaters' couple in our marina who have been staying in a local hotel some nights because they say it's too cold on living on board. Their boat is only 5 years old, is well insulated, has a stove, diesel central heating and is hooked up to an electric point. 

I find this incredible and cannot see what their problem is. Besides which, if it were me I would be too embarrassed to admit what we were doing anyway.

I've got no insulation or anything on the deck head for the first half of my boat, ....basically a workshop but an £11.95 heater whilst on hook up, for an hour or so in the evening and again in early hours and I've no problems.....don't get me wrong, am looking forward to getting the insulation and stove fitted but!?....what were they expecting......Sunny skies, 24 degrees and birds singing to them when they wanted? :D

...is there a bluebird on my shoulder, yes it's the truth.........yahdy yah! :lol: