Wrap Up Warm This Coming Week

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Dave_P said:

Well it's taters out there today.  Bit of snow blowing around too.  Personally, I blame Mr Smelly for jinxing the weather.

'Tis a bit parky here in Northamptonshire tonight, with snow falling steadily.

I can't help noticing one of the residents here has parked at the top of the slope in the car park at the moorings rather than down the bottom where our car is.  I suspect he knows what it's like trying to get up the slope if there's much snow.

Water taps frozen up, so I hope we don't run out.  Elsan point frozen up, but spare cassettes available.

Well trying to inject a bit of seriousness into the thread, here is an updated plot of temp vs day from one of the 4 main weather models. All the models are pretty much agreed on the temperature for the comming weekend. Look at the 850hPa line (that's the temp up in the air a bit). The '0' on the 'y' axis is the average for time of year. So baltic for the next few days but starting to warm up on Friday to about normal temps and running just below average next week. What the models dont agree on is what it is going to be like on Friday as it warms back up. Snow, rain, blizzards etc? The models havent got a clue so any forecast today will be just rubbish. We will probably have a clear picture by later tomorrow. As said previously though, Mrsmelly aint getting out Friday. Maybe Saturday if you like cold, damp, foggy conditions.

graphe3_1000_318_114___.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 11:32, JeffNev said:

Down here on the south coast we have been enjoying particularly balmy weather with highs or 14C, however it sounds like the cold weather is going to be returning this weekend. Wrap up warm everyone!

S coast of Australia?

46 minutes ago, LadyG said:

S coast of Australia?

When is this cold going to go? We were due to move on Saturday. Great sunshine this morning but still baltic out there in a 20mph wind. Planning to go tomorrow now but the weather models are once again all over the place with some saying another cold snap (worse than this weekend) for the easter weekend and others saying 18°C.

16 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

When is this cold going to go? We were due to move on Saturday. Great sunshine this morning but still baltic out there in a 20mph wind. Planning to go tomorrow now but the weather models are once again all over the place with some saying another cold snap (worse than this weekend) for the easter weekend and others saying 18°C.

The Weather Channel, which I find to be remarkably consistent with the truth, hasn’t changed for several days now. It states a high of 3 today, 7 tomorrow and Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, then settling at around 9 for the foreseeable. The wind will start dropping after lunch today. 

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

The Weather Channel, which I find to be remarkably consistent with the truth, hasn’t changed for several days now. It states a high of 3 today, 7 tomorrow and Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, then settling at around 9 for the foreseeable. The wind will start dropping after lunch today. 

Yes, the models are pretty constant untill the middle of next week but then they start to diverge. They have been quite accurate in terms of temperature (not so much precipitation) over the past 6 weeks. Roll on summer.....cause its not here yet!!

Well, I got kitted out for work [gardening] wooly hat 'n gloves, one step outside and changed my mind, its like -2 with this chill, no let up in sight. Cat has gone out though, so snow unlikely. The seaweed frizzled and shriveled long ago.

EDIT : cat back, snow expected.

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Yes, the models are pretty constant untill the middle of next week but then they start to diverge. They have been quite accurate in terms of temperature (not so much precipitation) over the past 6 weeks. Roll on summer.....cause its not here yet!!

If I was a model, I definetely wouldn't venture outside in this weather unless I was modelling ski wear.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JeffNev said:

I am based in Brighton & Hove, we have had some incredibly warm days recently but not this weekend! 

I fixed a boiler in Brighton day before yesterday. Condemned as unfixable by BG the day before. Customers totally delighted to get the heat back on so quick!

Tried to go for a walk on the beach but beaten into submission by the icy gale.

On 19/03/2018 at 12:39, Mike the Boilerman said:

I fixed a boiler in Brighton day before yesterday. Condemned as unfixable by BG the day before. Customers totally delighted to get the heat back on so quick!

Tried to go for a walk on the beach but beaten into submission by the icy gale.

I just had a stroll along the seafront and managed to spend half an hour sitting in the sun.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Is that the setting sun pub?

I was actually out running errands for my wife, so no such enjoyment like that today. I am aware of that particular pub though and it is one of my favourite spots on warmer days.

5 miles and 7 lock meander to keep the old girl in trim today. Lovely lovely boating weather getting bottom blacked then hopeing to get tied up with Bow and stern ropes springs centre rope and an anchor ready for the duration of Easter weekend :ninja: