CRT RIP OFF ALERT!! :(

one of the hidden

Featured Posts

When you come to sell you boat & after you have exchanged with your buyer, you, the seller, can reclaim any full months of unused Licence time, in the form of a refund.

CRT seem to think that a Refund Administration Charge of £30, for pressing a few buttons, is acceptable, i, however, do not!!

For example, if i bought an item from a shop, as long as i return it, in a saleable condition and within a reasonable time frame, of say 30 days, i will get a full refund, as per the "Sales of Goods Act".

Additionally, CRT have already made a tidy amount of money by only refunding, full months of remaining licence.

So, as for CRT's Admin Charge, this appears to be yet another way in which CRT & there staff seem to think they can screw more money out of the people that keep them in business, so that they can sit on their damn back sides all day, finding excuses not to do anything remotely positive or productive, such as lubricate the working gear on the locks, so that boats can keep moving...they carn't even be bothered with basic maintenance of the canal system.

No doubt i'll get lots of posts that completely miss the point i'm trying to make, saying that i have a "hidden agenda"...there is no hidden agenda its called standing up for our rights as human beings!!

The canal system belongs to "everybody" and we pay monies to CRT to manage & maintain "our" system, but all we get in return is "DEATH TRAP FACILITIES @ FESTIVAL PARK MARINA" which FAILS CRTs "DUTY OF CARE" & also comes under "WILLFUL NEGLECT". They seem to think they can wash there hands because a thrid party is responsible for the maintenance of the facilities there. Think again CRT you are the Primary Party and ultimately responsible for that facility. And it can get to the stage where facilities are past the point of maintaining because they are that decrepit!!

The best they can do is send data collectors out, at licence payer cost. In my experience of boating for the last five years all this has done is alienate people, and made them anxious, depressed & paranoid, for what is supposed to be a leisure activity!!

The FACT IS policing, anything, costs more to administer than it will ever recoup!! 

Well done CRT i really do wish you well in your endevours to chase people off the cut, you will undoubtedly be the vitims of your own "success" and do yourselves out of a job, not that any of you really know what the defintion of work is...so i've put it here for you..."something that is done"...and you do nothing, but run the place down!!

Goodbye forever, the place i live now, is fantastic, because the people here are forward thinking, compassionate, human beings, that don't treat people like slaves, like you do in the UK!!

• Unimpressed 1

Are we not back to the difference between a fee and a fine? I agree with the OP that £30 seem excessive for what should be an automated process and wish someoen would challenge it in court but compared with the cost of most licenses I doubt its even 5%.

Its back to the fairness and equality in the terms and conditions of monopoly supplier.

14 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

For example, if i bought an item from a shop, as long as i return it, in a saleable condition and within a reasonable time frame, of say 30 days, i will get a full refund, as per the "Sales of Goods Act".

Doesn't sound right. The shop is obliged to refund/repair/replace a faulty item, but if the item has nothing wrong with it, then there is no obligation under the "Sale of Goods Act" to refund. They might have a refund policy but its not law, and they could charge a (reasonable) restocking fee.

Try buying a car, using it for 9 months then going back to the dealership for your refund and let us know how you get on.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Try buying a car, using it for 9 months then going back to the dealership for your refund and let us know how you get on.

Or how about trying to get out of a mobile phone contract early, or changing your energy supplier within the fixed contract period?

I wonder if M&S will take back the clothes I have worn a couple of times, or if Tesco will take back the food that has been in my fridge for a week?

Edited by David Mack

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Tesco will take back the food that has bern in my fridge for a week?

A Tesco delivery included some frozen items which we had not ordered. As soon as we discovered this (less than 5 minutes after the van had left) we phoned and told them.

They said keep the items or throw them away, they were not allowed to take such items back even though the driver was only a few streets away.

31 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

31 minutes ago, one of the hidden said:

Goodbye forever, the place i live now, is fantastic, because the people here are forward thinking, compassionate, human beings, that don't treat people like slaves, like you do in the UK!!

Please do tell us where this wonderful utopia is! 

14 minutes ago, David Mack said:

or if Tesco will take back the food that has been in my fridge for a week?

Ahhh - you found the edit button - rather spoils the fun.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:
  13 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Tesco will take back the food that has bern in my fridge for a week?

1 minute ago, rgreg said:

Please do tell us where this wonderful utopia is! 

I'll go for :

a) China

b ) North Korea