current / 2018 CRT license costs

gbphil

Featured Posts

I'm going to buy a narrow boiat ASAP, but cannot locate current / 2018 CRT license costs.

i've search the forums, but the links are dead.

I'm potentially in negociation about a boat, but need this price to make a proposal.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Phil

8 minutes ago, gbphil said:

I'm going to buy a narrow boiat ASAP, but cannot locate current / 2018 CRT license costs.

i've search the forums, but the links are dead.

I'm potentially in negociation about a boat, but need this price to make a proposal.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Phil

Is a couple of percentage points up on the 2017 prices going to be the deciding factor in your boat purchase ?

The 2017/18 licence price list

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/refresh/media/thumbnail/31391-long-term-licence-fees-2017-2018.pdf

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Try here.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/licensing-your-boat/choosing-and-buying-your-licence/useful-downloads-application-forms-and-fees

I'm not trying to be funny, but if the licence costs are a significant concern when buying the boat, have you thought about paying by direct debit to spread the cost a bit?

I ask this because the licence fees range from £500 for a 17 foot boat to just over £1000 for a 70 ft boat.  If that is seriously impacting your offer, then I am concerned that you might not have thought about all the other costs!

• Greenie 1

Thanks for the link ... found it ...

I'm just trying to be as accurate as I can rather than just throw rough figures at someone.

Because i haven't settled on a boat yet, the chart is very useful for my calculations.

Thanks again

Phil

Or

Bring Out Another Thousand

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Try here.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/licensing-your-boat/choosing-and-buying-your-licence/useful-downloads-application-forms-and-fees

I'm not trying to be funny, but if the licence costs are a significant concern when buying the boat, have you thought about paying by direct debit to spread the cost a bit?

I ask this because the licence fees range from £500 for a 17 foot boat to just over £1000 for a 70 ft boat.  If that is seriously impacting your offer, then I am concerned that you might not have thought about all the other costs!

Or even less is you are in an area where a rivers only licence is viable.

Our licence for last year was £369 for a 25ft boat for 12 months. Not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of boating costs.

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Or

Bring Out Another Thousand

Or even less is you are in an area where a rivers only licence is viable.

Our licence for last year was £369 for a 25ft boat for 12 months. Not worth worrying about in the grand scheme of boating costs.

Did this include the Scottish trip? 

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Did this include the Scottish trip? 

Yes. When we got there the chap at the first lock, clachnaharry sea lock, took one look at our CRT licence and sent us on our way with the relevant paperwork. No charge :D

We were somewhat surprised as we had been expecting to pay £140 for a weeks visitors licence.

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

Yes. When we got there the chap at the first lock, clachnaharry sea lock, took one look at our CRT licence and sent us on our way with the relevant paperwork. No charge :D

We were somewhat surprised as we had been expecting to pay £140 for a weeks visitors licence.

Bonus,and good value for money too. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bonus,and good value for money too. 

We have been lucky with visitors licences over the years. The last EA one we bought on the Fens was made cheaper by the very nice lockie at Hermitage Lock and I don't think we have ever paid the full amount on the Broads either. The rangers there always seem to knock it down a band or two.

Don't think we will be as lucky on the Thames this summer though somehow :blush:

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have been lucky with visitors licences over the years. The last EA one we bought on the Fens was made cheaper by the very nice lockie at Hermitage Lock and I don't think we have ever paid the full amount on the Broads either. The rangers there always seem to knock it down a band or two.

Don't think we will be as lucky on the Thames this summer though somehow :blush:

When I was on there with the old boat the tape measure came out!! :huh: like its going to have grown or shrunk

Edited by peterboat

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

And DO remember to turn your engine off in locks wont you!! after all you have to do it on all other river and canal locks :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

And DO remember to turn your engine off in locks wont you!! after all you have to do it on all other river and canal locks :rolleyes:

Yes. Of course we do :wacko:

Just now, Keeping Up said:

For some inexplicable reason whenever our boat enters the icy waters of the Thames, it instantly shrinks by a couple of feet. Very useful feature when calculating the cost of the visitors licence.

They all do that. Ours says 23 on the side so of course it is 23ft for mooring and licence purposed.

The EA bod had it down as a tender with 4hp engine on the Fens :giggles:

10 hours ago, Asia_Off_Grid said:

In the US, the definition of "boat" is: A hole in the water in which to pour vast amounts of money.

You have a similar saying in the UK?

We have the exact same saying, plus:

Definition of a marina - a hole in the water into which others pour vast amounts of money. :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, haggis said:

When we went to Bristol harbour the chap there said our boat looked several feet shorter than we said. We didn't argue :-) 

Haggis

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Most chaps tend to err the other way when estimating length ... 

But not usually by several feet!