New Boating Product

Jen-in-Wellies

Featured Posts

I've been doing some market research using the CWDF archive and I have found a gap in the boating market that needs filling. So many boaters are interested in the amps/hour of their electrical system, yet there is no easy way of measuring it. Clearly a gap in the market. Product development is underway and when ready it will be marketed under the brand name of Dumbgauge.

Pre-orders and expressions of interest welcome!

Jen

:)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

Already got one, Fitted to boat whenevr i am aboard. 

very accurate, very simple has 3 easy data points

1) your batteries are flat do something

2) your batteries are very flat too late to do much 

3) thats it for your batteries then. ( a simple torch is required to assess this point)

all components to add this system to your boat are already present

send me £9.99 by pm and i will forward you the full schedule

throw out your smartmeter your ammeter your  voltmeter your energy wasting blinking leds with this system you will truly know the Mess your batteries are in. no need to spend $$$$ on battery monitoring ,for only 10.99 i will give you the tools to confirm your assessment of battery state.

but wait for those with two boats protect your second boat with an additional payment of only4.99... so only £ 17.99 to be able to accurately assess you have  effectively killed your batteries....

apply now...

( money laundering requirements prevent us from returning funds , if you are not satisfied please be appraised that there are con men offering similar services and you probably didnt buy from us)

. Australian retail policies apply if you are stupid enough to buy from a third world country which receives  all the obsolete crap from europe and america dont expect us to go to a lot of trouble to help  when its faulty which it will be.

have a nice day.

• Happy 1

8 hours ago, Peter X said:

Who wouldn't want to know the rate at which the current they're drawing is increasing?

A: Everybody wouldn't...

I would be quite interested to know the rate at which the rate of current is changing and plot this against the smartgauge voltage divided by my new BMV start battery voltage. With a bit of modeling I can probably get it to tell me what TV Chanel we have on.

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Oil lights, transistor radio, starting handle ,telephone across the park ,chalking the balance beams ,cups of tea left in bridgeholes ,bike light propped on deckboard for tunnels.... 

And don't forget cooking bacon with the engine blowlamp.:P

No we didnt have a blowlamp we also had electricity supplied by the accumulator. This is how i was able to first develop my sophisticated battery assessment matrix. If the single 20 w light bulb went dull an hour after mooring then light the oil lamp if the radio went 'dim' go to sleep. Then up in the morning to crank the engine and 14 hrs battery charging

On 2/21/2018 at 22:19, Jen-in-Wellies said:

I've been doing some market research using the CWDF archive and I have found a gap in the boating market that needs filling. So many boaters are interested in the amps/hour of their electrical system, yet there is no easy way of measuring it. Clearly a gap in the market. Product development is underway and when ready it will be marketed under the brand name of Dumbgauge.

Pre-orders and expressions of interest welcome!

Jen

:)

I think a useful addition would be for the owner to be able to program in the amount of money spent last time the battery bank was replaced and the date this was done.

You could then have a button that you toggle through screens to see how much of your investment has already been irretrievably lost, an averaged "pounds sterling per month" figure for rate of depreciation, and an estimated date by which the bank has zero chance of still being able to power anything for any useful amount of time.

PEDANT ALERT ::: 

no .......................  doesn't compute .......................... WTF are amps/hr ??

amps per hour.... amps divided by hours ......  amps or hours. ?

now if you mean amp.hrs please say so.

I found 'dimensional analysis' to be of great use in physics lessons - it is fundamental to understanding what is being said. 

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

no .......................  doesn't compute .......................... WTF are amps/hr ??

I found 'dimensional analysis' to be of great use in physics lessons - it is fundamental to understanding what is being said. 

You won't be buying then? 

23 hours ago, Murflynn said:

Read the post again, but place tongue firmly in cheek first.