My turn - Moving on a boat

wrisberg

Featured Posts

Hi guys.

Have been at this forum a couple of years searching on and of regarding my old boat KAMA ( birchwood 25 )

Now I bought a boat suited for living on,  and the date is 1st of may!!!

Need to rebuild both engines, insulate the roof, and build a new bed in the stern, as i took down 3 small bunks, and, a bunch of sanding and painting aswell

In 1970 and again in 1979 it has been rebuild with engines and cockpit.

I am the fourth owner.

Marconi, Build in 64 or 65 by the dutch steel metal yacht company Helstede.

Thanks for this great forum, I really enjoy browsing and reading here.

Jonas,  -  denmark

IMG_1971.jpg

Edited by wrisberg
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

8 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

You don't half set yourself up, but I resisted the obvious!

I think skip is about spot on and far more truth about the reality of a Narrow " Boat " they are far from Boat shaped but I suppose they do float which qualifies them.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I think skip is about spot on and far more truth about the reality of a Narrow " Boat " they are far from Boat shaped but I suppose they do float which qualifies them.

Some boats may be built like skips but our old boat had very elegant lines with less than half it's length being straight sided, and it swam very well.

2 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Some boats may be built like skips but our old boat had very elegant lines with less than half it's length being straight sided, and it swam very well.

I guess it wasn't a narrowboat then:)Banana boat?

Edited by rusty69

8 minutes ago, David Mack said:

capture.png

Love it yep that's very similar to all the narrowboats I have owned :lol: I think I m going to become  time traveller and murder all the pratts a couple of hundred years ago that built the narrow lock system then we could all have proper boats :cheers:

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Love it yep that's very similar to all the narrowboats I have owned :lol: I think I m going to become  time traveller and murder all the pratts a couple of hundred years ago that built the narrow lock system then we could all have proper boats :cheers:

Here's a proper one for ya 

AC35_17cb_555086-copy-1400x933.jpg

Edited by rusty69

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I guess it wasn't a narrowboat then:)Banana boat?

No a 52ft narrowboat built by Braunston Boats in 1982  with 15 ft swims eat both ends. Two photos of her when we she was out of the water for a survey before we bought her.. The only flat bit is the section in the middle between the ends of the guard irons. :-

Braunston 007.jpg

Braunston 008.jpg

Edited by David Schweizer

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Bloody hell thats GORGEOUS. 

I made one just like that out of card when I was about seven. I accidentally sat on it and squashed it on the bus to see my grandma with my mum. I was mortified. Mum was all like, never mind dear. She just didn't understand, it was my masterpiece. 

Muvvers. Huh.

• Happy 1

13 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Now THATS a boat!! :D I used to race a beautiful little 36 foot Nicholson called temerare back in the day from Guzz across the channel and to st Petersport but as I now live inland in the UK by choice its got to be a skip :lol: There aint a narrowskip ever been built that comes anywhere close to boat shaped boating but hey ho its still fun.

6 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

I like looking at these from a distance - but when it comes to being on a boat, I'd rather be on my narrowboat.

Keep taking the tablets :lol:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Now THATS a boat!! :D I used to race a beautiful little 36 foot Nicholson called temerare back in the day from Guzz across the channel and to st Petersport but as I now live inland in the UK by choice its got to be a skip :lol: There aint a narrowskip ever been built that comes anywhere close to boat shaped boating but hey ho its still fun.

You and me have vision mrsmelly. The rest of the forum wear bifocals. 

"Butch Cassidy" 

Temeraire.jpg

Edited by rusty69

22 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

No a 52ft narrowboat built by Braunston Boats in 1982  with 15 ft swims eat both ends. Two photos of her when we she was out of the water for a survey before we bought her.. The only flat bit is the section in the middle between the ends of the guard irons. :-

Braunston 007.jpg

Braunston 008.jpg

Well, shes definitely a boat. 

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Yeah, bus windows definitely don't add points in the aesthetics depth. We have bus windows on our skip. 

I had a narrowboat with 13 foot swims ...it was still a skip but with slightly pointed front and back ends.it has to be said that portholes do look better... my present skip is all bus windows cos the boss didn't like the boat we had wiv portholes so I arnt allowed them again.