The search begineth

MichaelG

Featured Posts

Hi all, so after several GRP cruisers we are finally in a position to be able to look at getting our first narrowboat. Initially for leisure use and when I retire in 2020 to liveaboard. We are looking for nice tidy boat around 57', traditional or semi traditional stern,  post 2000 with a budget of upto £60k. So on Saturday we joined several million other people for a slow meander up the M1 to visit a broker in Derbyshire. The boat we had travelled up to view was nice enough, a 2003 57' up for £53k but it wasnt quite as tidy in the flesh as it appeared in the photographs and it just didnt quite tickle our fancy so to speak. So the search will continue.

Ahh, your post sounds like my dream. I wonder how convenient and also what does it cost to live on a boat? Like not travel but actually use it for permanent living.

I picture life on boat as always fresh fish, lots of sun, muscules from physical work and freedom to decide what you want to see from your "window". I also wonder if Essayedge would allow me to work remotely.

Looking forward to seeing photos!

10 minutes ago, Lenard Hargrave said:

Ahh, your post sounds like my dream. I wonder how convenient and also what does it cost to live on a boat? Like not travel but actually use it for permanent living.

I picture life on boat as always fresh fish, lots of sun, muscules from physical work and freedom to decide what you want to see from your "window". I also wonder if Essayedge would allow me to work remotely.

Reported folks

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

flexing your muscules there Tim.....

Working remotely usually takes a dongle or mifi and a tablet or laptop.

Sod em they are from somewhere called the USA or somett. If we carry on like this we will let the eu in on the act and that would never do!! B)

1 hour ago, Lenard Hargrave said:

We've spotted it thanks to Tim's report - as you've started making one or two jokes on the theme we'll let it run for the moment!