Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LadyG

Curling fail: we was robbed

Featured Posts

For those interested, they can hear the views of Eve Muirhead (and the rest of the team) in the buildup to the Olympics. Or, if you can't understand them, read the views:

Rest assured during the game, the girls will be 100% focused on the most important aspects of gameplay:

2 hours ago, Paul C said:

For those interested, they can hear the views of Eve Muirhead (and the rest of the team) in the buildup to the Olympics. Or, if you can't understand them, read the views:

Rest assured during the game, the girls will be 100% focused on the most important aspects of gameplay:

...and putting on as much eye makeup as possible for the telly.

On 2/21/2018 at 00:41, TheBiscuits said:

Rugby is a game for men, with funny shaped balls.

Association football is a 90-minute game in which 22 men pretend to be injured.

Rugby football is an 80-minute game in which 30 men pretend they are not injured.

• Greenie 2

It turns out that hairstyle matters in the sport, as she talked in the video about the need to stop the end of her ponytail getting in her face. A dedicated athlete making sure she gets the details right.

It matters in football too; I think they're still miffed in Trinidad and Tobago that Peter Crouch allegedly pulled on someone's dreadlocks when he scored against them in the 2006 World Cup.

I'm not sure there is a north south divide in bowling on greens, it appears to be very popular in the south coast resorts.

20 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

...and putting on as much eye makeup as possible for the telly.

She's not daft, she is multi-talented. Eve could easily have become a pro golfer, and also plays the bagpipes very proficiently. She probably realises that in addition to the task in hand, there's the possibility of a decent amount of money from modelling and promotion/advertising contracts, to its not a bad thing to scrub up a bit if you're going to be on the telly.

Not lookin good for our ladies, Sweden 3 1 up grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

45 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Tempting as it is, you can't kick the stones, Anna!!!

Wow, that was a big mistake. Nice of the Swedes to let us off with it.

That final stone from Eve at the end of the 5th was class.

5 more ends to go.

1 hour ago, Peter X said:

It turns out that hairstyle matters in the sport, as she talked in the video about the need to stop the end of her ponytail getting in her face. A dedicated athlete making sure she gets the details right.

It matters in football too; I think they're still miffed in Trinidad and Tobago that Peter Crouch allegedly pulled on someone's dreadlocks when he scored against them in the 2006 World Cup.

I'm not sure there is a north south divide in bowling on greens, it appears to be very popular in the south coast resorts.

Anna Sloan should leave her curlers in.

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Anna Sloan should leave her curlers in.

......ooh that's a good one! Greenie.

Just now, rusty69 said:

Well, I know nothing about Anna Sloan, or curling,but whos selling all Miss Sloans chalk paint whilst she's abroad?

They might as well all be selling the chalk paint given that performance in the 7th end. This match is only going one way.

Yeah GBR just haven't played that well, it not like you can point to one unlucky incident, the shots just haven't been as accurate as they need to be and some have resulted in missed opportunities or mistakes. In fairness, Sweden have played a consistent, almost flawless game and have sensibly used tactics to gain their win.

4 hours ago, Paul C said:

and also plays the bagpipes very proficiently.

How can you tell? How can anyone tell?

When you've heard one bagpipe tune, you've heard them both!

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

How can you tell? How can anyone tell?

When you've heard one bagpipe tune, you've heard them both!

She has excellent musical judgement - she has a set of bagpipes, can play them but chooses not to!

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Thread title: We was robbed.

....er, no we weren't. Maybe a bronze tomorrow?

I agree, the better team on this occasion won.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Haggis

So our ladies may still get a medal? I am pleased to hear that. We (well, Scotland) have a proud tradition in Curling.

I looked at Rhona Martin's bio on Wikipaedia and was surprised to see that, in a quite long competitive career, she never really won anything much apart from an Olympic Gold. Well, if you've got to pick one, it may as well be a good 'un. I also read that, most regrettably, her medal was stolen a couple of years ago from the museum where it had been on display.

Now I dont watch any sport but curling now on the news this morning some bod was calling the ladies team " Remarkable ATHLETES " now come on please please tell me how thats anything to do with Athletes!! Like the athletes in darts and chess I suppose.

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Now I dont watch any sport but curling now on the news this morning some bod was calling the ladies team " Remarkable ATHLETES " now come on please please tell me how thats anything to do with Athletes!! Like the athletes in darts and chess I suppose.

Com'on, they are pretty good at brushing the floor......sorry, sweeping:D

Agree its hard work doing the sweeping: you can see most of the players are under 35 at this level, plus they need to be flexible to throw the stone with the required degree of control. 

Anyway its a great game, we are all agreed :P

PS My cat made sure I got up early !

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

Anyway its a great mame , we are all agreed :P

I never agreed it was a great mame.