Rather nice canalsise property

WotEver

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Unfortunately, to my eye at least, it has now instead been converted to an unshabby eyesore.

The character of the building has been completely destroyed, and what could have looked good beside the canal is now a horribly overdeveloped overblown mess, quite inappropriate to its surroundings.

I think I preferred looking at it unused and unloved - at least then you could have imagined a decent future for it.

I agree it is massively over developed, but now having seen how horrible the inside is, the outside does not seem too bad given what it could have been like!

1 hour ago, brassedoff said:

I would love to buy that just to moan about boat people running their engine's and polluting the atmosphere with black smog.

But I would have to change my name to 'nob head' before the deeds are handed to me.

If you know the area you'll know it's in a place where boat people only run their engines to get past it.  Still if you have the money and are indeed a nob head then you could probably afford to also buy the boats needed to moor opposite and pollute.

21 hours ago, ianali said:

Kinda depends on where it is. It isn't worth that and won't sell at that price.

I was thinking of adding that it must be in a fairly undesirable area, but don’t know it at all, so thought I should leave it to others.

It would be interesting to see how much more ordinary houses sell for, in £/sq.ft. . This would give a reasonable guide to the true value.

11 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I was thinking of adding that it must be in a fairly undesirable area, but don’t know it at all, so thought I should leave it to others.

It would be interesting to see how much more ordinary houses sell for, in £/sq.ft. . This would give a reasonable guide to the true value.

£100 Per square foot is about right for Bedworth. Nothing wrong with the area but you don't get million pound houses there very often, if at all.

Ian.

46 minutes ago, ianali said:

£100 Per square foot is about right for Bedworth. Nothing wrong with the area but you don't get million pound houses there very often, if at all.

£250/sq ft for this one just up the road:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71572502.html

An identical house to the one I was born in, just a few doors up in Wimbledon, a Georgian semi, recently sold for £1.66m. It was about £200k in the mid 90’s. Completely absurd pricing in The Smoke. 

6 hours ago, zenataomm said:

If you know the area you'll know it's in a place where boat people only run their engines to get past it.  Still if you have the money and are indeed a nob head then you could probably afford to also buy the boats needed to moor opposite and pollute.

Did ???? You miss my humour ????.

I don't like people who buy canal side property's and then phone to moan.

It's was easily seen.

Pull your pants up. X

Edited by brassedoff
Edit to add I hate toffs snobs pretenders, ad rather swop 8 pieces of coals with real people

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:43, Tim Lewis said:

Looks a bit different to the night I spent sleeping under the pool table after a very drunken WRG party there many years ago :-)

Tim

Even that's been upgraded, the video shows a full size snooker table. A plaque commemorating your snooze there would probably only improve the class of the property, given how ultra-modern and tacky it all is. Give it back a bit of history.

I see they have a solid fuel stove, and hope the new owners will buy from a canal trader. I'm sure the NBT would be happy to deliver a whole year's supply of Homefire in one go at a competitive price, there will be somewhere suitable in all that land to stack the bags.

£200 per square foot is cheap compared to my somewhat rough part of Croydon, and of course prices closer in to London go far higher.

1 minute ago, nb Innisfree said:

Trouble is he has to live there for his salary, though he is looking to move westward a bit, maybe Esher and commute more. I don't envy him in any case. Work, ugh! 

If he moved north a bit he wouldn’t need that salary... daft, innit?

57 minutes ago, brassedoff said:

Did ???? You miss my humour ????.

I don't like people who buy canal side property's and then phone to moan.

It's was easily seen.

Pull your pants up. X

Humour is amusing.

What does "It is was ....." mean?

xxxxx

• Happy 1

9 hours ago, ianali said:

Not Bedworth are they? As you probably know! 

Ian.

I would have said that The Navigation was in Bulkington if asked, but that ad states Bedduf. They’re next door. About a mile away. 

57 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I would have said that The Navigation was in Bulkington if asked, but that ad states Bedduf. They’re next door. About a mile away. 

I was just pointing out that they are in a different area. I live in Nuneaton, that said I have no problem with Bedworth ☺. I can't believe a house there will sell for that kind of money, time will tell. I was wrong about the £100 per sq/foot though so this will probably also prove me wrong. 

Ian.

By way of comparison, I found this interesting page showing average prices per square foot for property in London by postcode:

https://www.findproperly.co.uk/price-per-square-foot.php#.Wowa0Lxl-AY

The cheapest is SE28 (Thamesmead) at £266, the most is SW3 (Chelsea) at £2658. No great surprise there.

EC3, the SE quarter of the City including the Tower of London, looks a bargain at £570 but I suspect it has so few residential properties and so low a turnover that the figure is unreliable.

2 hours ago, Peter X said:

EC3, the SE quarter of the City including the Tower of London, looks a bargain at £570 but I suspect it has so few residential properties and so low a turnover that the figure is unreliable.

Yup, I guess it’s been a while since anyone’s been put up at Her Majesty’s Pleasure in The Tower...

18 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yup, I guess it’s been a while since anyone’s been put up at Her Majesty’s Pleasure in The Tower...

The last prisoner held there was during WW2 I believe, but I suppose in theory it could still be used.

However the Tower is residential, a few dozen Beefeaters live there, and for good reason because they guard the Crown Jewels. It won't feature in the EC3 figures although it's been there since 1078, because it's never been sold. The internal square feet must be a lot less than the external of course, but neither matter; external square feet is the usual basis on which insurance companies calculate rebuilding costs, but (1) like all government buildings it won't be insured and (2) insurance companies probably have a different formula for castles.

57 minutes ago, Peter X said:

The last prisoner held there was during WW2 I believe, but I suppose in theory it could still be used.

However the Tower is residential, a few dozen Beefeaters live there, and for good reason because they guard the Crown Jewels. It won't feature in the EC3 figures although it's been there since 1078, because it's never been sold. The internal square feet must be a lot less than the external of course, but neither matter; external square feet is the usual basis on which insurance companies calculate rebuilding costs, but (1) like all government buildings it won't be insured and (2) insurance companies probably have a different formula for castles.

The Tower of London is also not in the City of London, it is an outpost of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

Tim