Rather nice canalsise property

WotEver

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, WotEver said:

That seems a bit pricey considering the area! If I was paying that sort of money I think I'd want things like an indoor pool & spa etc....it's a bit footballer inside too if you know what I mean.....

Edited by frangar

3 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

In 1974 I had a pint of lager and a crusty cheese and onion batch with a packet of crisps there. 

It was so nice I went and had another one, before we continued to Runcorn.

:)Two pints of Lager and a packet of crisps.

My old friend the late Graham Palmer moored here one evening and I went up to meet him. On the way back to the boat he tripped over the rope and pierced his cheek on the mooring pin. Luckily I hadn’t had much to drink and we eventually got him to Coventry hospital where the stupid receptionist asked me who his GP was. 

They kept him in for a couple of days before transferring him to London. I took the boat back to Braunston. Not a good way to end a weeks holiday on the cut. Hard to believe a house in beduth is worth this sort of money.

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Looks a bit different to the night I spent sleeping under the pool table after a very drunken WRG party there many years ago :-)

Tim

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

Looks a bit different to the night I spent sleeping under the pool table after a very drunken WRG party there many years ago :-)

Tim

I only went in once. As I recall it was the kind of place where you wiped your feet on the way out. 

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I only went in once. As I recall it was the kind of place where you wiped your feet on the way out. 

You’re not wrong. At the time we had the party the pub was owned by a very colourful character who was heavily involved in the IWA national festivals who in the end couldn’t make it work . Some of the piling to the canal edge was installed by WRG volunteers as a training exercise 

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

You’re not wrong. At the time we had the party the pub was owned by a very colourful character who was heavily involved in the IWA national festivals who in the end couldn’t make it work . Some of the piling to the canal edge was installed by WRG volunteers as a training exercise 

Tim

The listing states 70ft mooring. The video states 75 metres of mooring. I guess the video is the correct figure?

I havent been past the Navigation for more than two years and the developer was working on it then. I suspect they have spent an awful lot of money. which thae will be wanting to recoup their "investment".

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, Athy said:

.....................at least it will no longer be a shabby eyesore.

Unfortunately, to my eye at least, it has now instead been converted to an unshabby eyesore.

The character of the building has been completely destroyed, and what could have looked good beside the canal is now a horribly overdeveloped overblown mess, quite inappropriate to its surroundings.

I think I preferred looking at it unused and unloved - at least then you could have imagined a decent future for it.

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Greenie 2

However: as a house listing:

1. It is right on the rural edge of greater Coventry and, whilst a prospective owner would check, it does look as if there is a determined planning boundary the other side of the canal.

2. There is a railway station very close

3. Looking at Google, it clearly has more than 70ft of canal bank, whether it extends to 75m would depend on the elasticity of the measuring tape and also whether all of the bank is suitable, especially right up to the bridge, although traditionally it would have been a place for boats to overnight.

4. But it is on a probably quite busy road - would need checking but that is counter balanced by accessibility

5. There will not be many houses of that size so competing in a scarce market

6. Room for parking a car for each of the teenage children plus the parents.

7. If you want to be more self-sufficient etc then there are allotment gardens just across the road

I'm not bidding - Cornwall is still the better attraction even with the drive to the nearest connected canal!