TV on the blink

jenevers

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Could it be the power supply/transformer rather than the tv itself?

It’s 240v

19 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Those little LEDs don't last forever just paint it red.

Yeah but the TV’s not working so painting it red ain’t going to help:D

18 hours ago, Dartagnan said:

I realise they don’t affect the red light on the tv but what about the batteries in the remote?

Batteries are OK

16 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Do you know how to do  factory reset? Modern digital TVs are really computers and they can get their knickers in a twist.

Interesting. I’ll look into that. Trouble is I can’t get the TV on so I don’t see how I could do a reset.

9 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

Is it 12 volt or 240volt? Have you checked the power supply to it?

I’ll change the cable. The fuse is OK.

Edited by jenevers

Funnily the TV in our bedroom at home, 240V obviously, flailed last week.  Completely dead, and when I took the back off there was 240 onto the power supply but as far as I could tell nothing coming out of it.  Bought a new swish bigger smart TV from Currys for £200, not worth looking at repairing the old one.

11 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Funnily the TV in our bedroom at home, 240V obviously, flailed last week.  Completely dead, and when I took the back off there was 240 onto the power supply but as far as I could tell nothing coming out of it.  Bought a new swish bigger smart TV from Currys for £200, not worth looking at repairing the old one.

I hope your bedroom is big, a flailing TV sounds dangerous.

2 hours ago, jenevers said:

Had a look ont’internet and other people have had problems with swollen capacitors with this model, so it looks like new TV time. Can’t complain after 10 years use.

Whereabouts are you?i have a spare 26" tv sat doing nothing if its any good to you,  i was going to donate to the next charity shop i come across

Rick

19 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

Whereabouts are you?i have a spare 26" tv sat doing nothing if its any good to you,  i was going to donate to the next charity shop i come across

Rick

Watch on on that, at least round here the charity shops will not accept anything that is electrical as that would have to PAT test them, and it is just not worth it to them.

15 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Watch on on that, at least round here the charity shops will not accept anything that is electrical as that would have to PAT test them, and it is just not worth it to them.

I actually have my own PAT tester so can certify it if needs be :) 

Rick

20 hours ago, WotEver said:

With TVs, routers etc it’s generally pull the power, wait 10 secs, re-apply power. 

Done that at least 20 times!:D

19 hours ago, dccruiser said:

Rick

Thanks for the kind offer, but the wheels are already in motion for a new TV;)