Basic painting info required.

Bod

Featured Posts

I have had some brackets made for solar panels, these are made by a local fabrication company, from new metal, still greasy/oily from the suppliers.

Before painting the grease will be removed, using  meths/thinners.

Do I need to rough up the surface, before priming?

I've removed sharp edges/burrs etc.  How much rounding over do the edges need, to give rust the least chance to get hold?

Bod

Edited by Bod
spelling

Get them grit blasted then find a powder coating company locally.  Forget for 10 years.

The powder coaters may well be able to degrease and blast for you.

If you are not too fussy as to colour the powder coaters will probably be able to add them to a larger job for not much moola(foldable of course).

N

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Get them grit blasted then find a powder coating company locally.  Forget for 10 years.

If you are not too fussy as to colour the powder coaters will probably be able to add them to a larger job for not much moola(foldable of course).

N

This ^^^^

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

N

+2

My "brackets" are quite large.

Approx 1500mm long and 700mm wide, made to support a solar panel, which will angle up, and rotate, and there's two of them!

Once I get one assembled, (some parts are still at the thinking about stage) I'll take it to a local Powder coater, who can handle the size, for a quote.

Thanks for the replies.

Bod