Need a Pressure Washer - Not Karcher :(

Richard10002

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, MJG said:

With my replacement I just dismantle it as much as I can, lance, connecting pipe etc. I remove all the water from the lance (that split apart too) by opening the trigger and draining that, and blow through the connecting pipe.

With the unit itself I then give it a 5 second blast with everything disconnected and invert it return it to upright and then repeat, its a bit of a faff but seems to work so far.

I just put our Nilfisk in the shed. 

I’ve probably jinxed it now...

Not sure how true this is but... I was told the karcher pressure washers sold by b&q are different to similar looking models from other outlets, same casing but inferior working parts. This apparently is to make the consumer think they are getting the same model significantly cheaper by buying from b&q.

It could  just be a conspiracy theory but the source was reliable.

54 minutes ago, p6rob said:

Not sure how true this is but... I was told the karcher pressure washers sold by b&q are different to similar looking models from other outlets, same casing but inferior working parts. This apparently is to make the consumer think they are getting the same model significantly cheaper by buying from b&q.

Assuming the same model number I’d suggest that’s complete bunkum. 

4 hours ago, p6rob said:

If it was B&Q badged I would believe it, but I doubt Karcher would risk their good reputation (and 'justification' for a premium product) just so B&Q can undercut the other suppliers. 

3 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

If it was B&Q badged I would believe it, but I doubt Karcher would risk their good reputation (and 'justification' for a premium product) just so B&Q can undercut the other suppliers. 

The reason I started the thread is because Karcher have lost their reputation with me, and I'd guess I wont be alone. I actually assumed they would be one of those big names with a good reputation who have sold out and, subsequently, new owners have reduced quality and milked the brand.... but not the case. Karcher are still a family owned private company.

Dyson build special models for Currys, (or did a few years ago). As mentioned, a slight tweak of the model number, and it's a model specially made for Currys.

On 17/02/2018 at 19:21, Richard10002 said:

The reason I started the thread is because Karcher have lost their reputation with me, and I'd guess I wont be alone. I actually assumed they would be one of those big names with a good reputation who have sold out and, subsequently, new owners have reduced quality and milked the brand.... but not the case. Karcher are still a family owned private company.

Dyson build special models for Currys, (or did a few years ago). As mentioned, a slight tweak of the model number, and it's a model specially made for Currys.

The special models is possibly done so that they can charge more than some others but as the model number is unique you can’t ‘price match’ as the model number is not the same. 

Added - my karcher is over 10 years old, so can not comment on current models.

Edited by Chewbacka