Where to buy working boats

Darrenroberts

Featured Posts

47 minutes ago, Tiggers said:

Our unconverted large Woolwich, Hampstead, will be going up for sale soon. We are keen on selling her to someone who won’t convert her as she has never had a cabin on

Isn't HAMPSTEAD converted under cloths ?

edit = If I wasn't in the process of buying a boat (6 weeks to go) I would be at the front of the queue for HAMPSTEAD :captain:

Edited by pete harrison

10 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

edit = If I wasn't in the process of buying a boat (6 weeks to go) I would be at the front of the queue for HAMPSTEAD :captain:

It used to have a "pod" didn't it, but I suspect always fully removable.

12 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

She had a pod that just dropped in. That has since been removed although we still have half of it which could be sold along with the boat if someone is interested in having a little more living space without altering the boat at all

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

Hampstead the FMC butty is converted under cloths, but not Hampstead the GUCCC motor.

George

2 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

Am I missing something here ? I only know one HAMPSTEAD and that is a large Woolwich motor :captain:

Sorry Pete, stagedamager is quite correct.  Mixing up my Hamptons and my Hampsteads.  The mention of converted under cloths threw me!

George

10 hours ago, zenataomm said:

They're certainly different, any Cockney will tell you, you don't want to be mixing up your Hampstead Heaths with yer Hampton Wick.

...or, still worse, someone else's hampsteads with your hampton.

When were these drop-in "pods" first introduced? I assume that they would not have been put on/in boats during their working days as they would have diminished the boats' carrying capacity.

15 hours ago, Tiggers said:

Our unconverted large Woolwich, Hampstead, will be going up for sale soon. We are keen on selling her to someone who won’t convert her as she has never had a cabin on

Aaaa...I no longer have to keep this secret Dawn:)..National too:)

Alot of historic working boats end up on the grape vine rather than really up for sale sometimes.

I knew tay and towy were up for sale before being advertised thew this method, i know of other boats this way too. Some are advertised and sold quickly depending on price. But mostly gone are the days when a semi cheaky offer or low price sold it. Alot of boats are now 60k+ and still need work. A while back there were some nice boats at not too pricy but still out of my level or i would have gone for lapwing when it came up.