Parking Stoke Bruerne

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Due to dentistry nightmares, we're going to have to keep the car with us for a month or so after we leave the marina winter mooring, so we need places en-route to park the thing.

Are the car park at the back of the museum at Stoke Bruerne and/or the stuff near the bottom of the flight available to boaters? I've never bothered to look, but I'm sure people here will know.

Cheers,
MP.

1 hour ago, Tim Lewis said:

Parking at the museum is pay and display, something like £3/day, not sure of any restrictions.

Tim

And if I recall the signage, you are not supposed to stay overnight, (or it maybe that a further small fee is chargeable).

On the other hand the one to the side of the lock lower down the flight has no such restrictions (or charges)

It is fairly isolated though, and I have always had some qualms about leaving a car in it overnight.

Allegedly the car park at the Navigation pub is also supposed to be shared as a public car park, although I don't recall seeing signs that make that obvious.

If it is the Stoke Bruerne Parish website fails to mention it....

http://www.stokebruerneparishcouncil.org.uk/parking.html

4 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Parking at the museum is pay and display, something like £3/day, not sure of any restrictions.

Tim

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

And if I recall the signage, you are not supposed to stay overnight, (or it maybe that a further small fee is chargeable).

On the other hand the one to the side of the lock lower down the flight has no such restrictions (or charges)

It is fairly isolated though, and I have always had some qualms about leaving a car in it overnight.

Allegedly the car park at the Navigation pub is also supposed to be shared as a public car park, although I don't recall seeing signs that make that obvious.

If it is the Stoke Bruerne Parish website fails to mention it....

http://www.stokebruerneparishcouncil.org.uk/parking.html

Ive left my car down by the lock before and cross fingers no problem. I also heard too that the Navigation car park spaces down in the bottom corner were public/canal use spaces. As Alan says, not much publication, just local knowledge.

I asked in the museum if I could leave a car in the car park at Stoke Bruerne for one night last August. They said no. We ended up going to retrieve it and move it to Buckby Top at about ten at night which was a PITA. I don't think they would have had a clue if we had left it there for the night and I was quite willing to pay for a second ticket the next morning.

JP

The parish council website says

The Parish Council does not own or operate any car parks.

There are two main car parks in the village throughout the year however during summer event weekends additional parking is made available and these are signposted when needed.

Please be aware that much of the village has restricted parking such as double yellow lines and residents parking areas.

Please use the car parks provided to avoid the possibility of a parking ticket. Local Authority parking attendants regularly visit at weekends.

Museum Car Park

This is situated at the rear of the Museum and is accessed from Chapel Lane. This is the first car park you will come to when arriving in the village from the A508. It has a tarmac surface and is Pay and Display. The parking ticket is also partially refundable if you visit the museum.

Church Car Park

This is located on Shutlanger Road and is the first car park if you are travelling from Shutlanger/Towcester/A5. Situated on the right, just past Wentworth Way, it is mainly grass but is quite large. All the proceeds go to the Church for much needed repairs and maintenance so please do pop your £2.00 in the honesty box at the gate, it all helps!

Shutlanger Road may be a good option

image.png.ca76bc914cbf8cc2fd91cba92248c675.png

image.png.1430de84c16b8cbbed99418f7e59bb60.png