Rain Rushers !

brassedoff

Featured Posts

Can't stand em, stuff every one it's pissin it down am allowed to do 12 mile an hour.

Wunt mind he had a tick over speed Decal on the back of his boat :argue:.

I don't rise to them now but someone did when their nappy pin fell out.

:blink:wur is the dummy on the floor icon.

Edited by brassedoff

11 hours ago, brassedoff said:

Can't stand em, stuff every one it's pissin it down am allowed to do 12 mile an hour.

Wunt mind he had a tick over speed Decal on the back of his boat :argue:.

:blink:wur is the dummy on the floor icon.

Fit a pair of torpedo tubes at the front off your boat?

I must admit I have to pay more attention to my speed in the rain for some reason, I know I am going to get just as wet, maybe the rain changes the perceived speed which makes me tend to go too fast. But at least it is something I am aware off and can take positive steps to prevent it happening.

11 hours ago, brassedoff said:

Like your neighbour now, I too have learned nappy pins cannot be relied upon for mooring.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Fkcing speel check unterfering

12 hours ago, brassedoff said:

Wunt mind he had a tick over speed Decal on the back of his boat

I find these are often the worst culprits for speeding past moored boats! 

Having said that, I don't really care what speed other boats pass us, although there is one boat on our mooring that keeps having his mooring pin pulled out by passing boats. I've just used a 5ft scaffold pole for our permanent mooring - I'd like to see that pulled out!

46 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I must admit I have to pay more attention to my speed in the rain for some reason, I know I am going to get just as wet, maybe the rain changes the perceived speed which makes me tend to go too fast. But at least it is something I am aware off and can take positive steps to prevent it happening.

I am not innocent of rain rushing, I must admit it is deceiving the rain.

33 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Like your neighbour now, I too have learned nappy pins cannot be relied upon for mooring.

I rely on them too much Mike, I keep forgetting to get off the boat to collect my chains.  3 lost this year.

4 minutes ago, brassedoff said:

I am looking on screwfix for torpedo mounting brackets.  Good idea Dr Bob.

I just checked out mod auctions for you:

https://whitelabel-2.globalauctionplatform.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/wca/catalogue-id-witham1-10000?clienturl=wca

No torpedoes, but lot 18430 (Harrier practice bomb),may help

540x360.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Unimpressed 1

7 minutes ago, brassedoff said:

Nice that will do the trick.lol

Nah, what you want is a Mk11 depth charge - fortunately, the fitting lugs are the same, so you haven't burned your bridges whichever system you try first.  

I'd also recommend that you look for green ones with a yellow band (high explosive) as the blue ones are dummies and will just add to his ballast. 

• Happy 1

Yes, but the blue ones make a  loverly splash when you pickle em off.  The green buggers had a nasty habit of going BNAG when they hit the water.

They were bloody heavy to load off a stretcher too, but quicker than a Type C.

N

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nah, what you want is a Mk11 depth charge - fortunately, the fitting lugs are the same, so you haven't burned your bridges whichever system you try first.  

I'd also recommend that you look for green ones with a yellow band (high explosive) as the blue ones are dummies and will just add to his ballast. 

Lol

The ''Doodle bog'', a full to bursting Elsan cassette with a weak faulty casing is a most dreadful and diabolical weapon. Slung at your enemy by someone powerful like an Olympic Hammer thrower it will instantly squelch and reduce them into the most horrible asphyxiated, jibbering and stinking mess you'd never believe. Never daring to speed or even go boating again, rain or not,   ever! :closedeyes:

Edited by bizzard

12 hours ago, Tom and Bex said:

I find these are often the worst culprits for speeding past moored boats! 

Having said that, I don't really care what speed other boats pass us, although there is one boat on our mooring that keeps having his mooring pin pulled out by passing boats. I've just used a 5ft scaffold pole for our permanent mooring - I'd like to see that pulled out!

Totally agree. I don't mind a bit of rockin' (except on pins). That's how I know I'm not in a caravan.:)

8 minutes ago, nikvah said:

Totally agree. I don't mind a bit of rockin' (except on pins). That's how I know I'm not in a caravan.:)

Yer but when your boiling pasta and the water puts the hob out?

No I don't mind normal speed and tick over is to slow sometimes but am on about people on full chat.

This is not about normal speeds.

I use to shout, now I just blame it on my dog.

Poor git.

Edited by brassedoff

50 minutes ago, brassedoff said:

Yer but when your boiling pasta and the water puts the hob out?

Too much water in the pan, obvs!

Rather like that trope "no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing", "no such thing as passing too fast, only inadequate mooring"  :giggles::giggles::giggles:

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Too much water in the pan, obvs!

Rather like that trope "no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing", "no such thing as passing too fast, only inadequate mooring"  :giggles::giggles::giggles:

The twisty pasta needs a little more water Mike.

Yes I must invest in real rope that bailing twine tends to chafe on the overhead branches.