Generation Decision

DasDsm

Featured Posts

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:27, WotEver said:

I’ve mentioned here before that in my late teens I spent a stint one summer operating the diesel powered glider winch at a gliding club in the Midlands. If I operated it all day I’d get a free flight at some point. The chequer plate floor of the winch was awash with diesel and nobody thought anything of stubbing their ciggies out in it. It sizzled out just as it would in a puddle of water. 

When, in my late teens, I had a part time job selling pink paraffin off the back of a converted milk float the drips from the tap were contained in a bucket. Our party piece was to flick a dog end into the bucket. Caused many an 'old dear' to back off very quickly. :giggles::giggles: 

2 hours ago, Slim said:

When, in my late teens, I had a part time job selling pink paraffin off the back of a converted milk float the drips from the tap were contained in a bucket. Our party piece was to flick a dog end into the bucket. Caused many an 'old dear' to back off very quickly. :giggles::giggles: 

Hey, I helped a guy selling pink paraffin after school :)

• 5 months later...

The question of whether things explode or not comes down to detonation (bang) or deflagration (woosh) detonation is predominantly supersonic in its speed and causes shrapnel to be release such as an exploding bleve. Deflagration is subsonic in its speed and can vary from striking a match to burning a peice of paper. It will gradualy or subsonicaly consume the fuel and oxygen infront of it causing a fire ball in some instances.

Some pointless and very shallow info i could go on........

Im very interested in this thread. Im yet to do a power audit and i need new batteries....i currently have 4 x 110 amph lead acid batts. I intend to be living aboard in the near-ish future. I also have no solar so all this needs doing. Im looking to get 500w of solar and try trojan batteries whilst increasing in real terms my capacity. Im also looking to get a small 1000w petrol genny. I just cant see another affordable (for me) way of doing it..........im yet to carry out a power audit but i anticipate 80 to 120 as an aproximate usage per day.