Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Peter X said:

I've never been to Blackpool, but this felt like weather that belongs up north.

Currently 70 - 80 miles north of Blackpool temperature 2.2°C and the thin covering of snow almost gone.  Please keep your weather down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The snow is melting quite quickly here in Lincoln. River level will be up again in the next day or two and the flood gates on again.

Still at least there will be plenty of water in the Trent for next weekends trip to West Stockwith :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The water is being blown around too much to freeze!

Surprisingly the water temperature is 4.5 degrees here right now. Thought it would be colder then that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

 

Still at least there will be plenty of water in the Trent for next weekends trip to West Stockwith :D

Thats ok for you cos you own a proper boat whereas most of us ont forum float about in bloomin skips!! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Thats ok for you cos you own a proper boat whereas most of us ont forum float about in bloomin skips!! :(

That's not a proper boat. This is a proper boat (not the plastic pig in the background):-

Temeraire.jpg

  • Horror 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

That's not a proper boat. This is a proper boat (not the plastic pig in the background):-

Temeraire.jpg

Well yes, a really nice (old design) fast boat, but not a lot of use on the south oxford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Well yes, a really nice (old design) fast boat, but not a lot of use on the south oxford.

This is rather uncanny but temeraire was the nicholson I used to take across from Guzz to st Petersport with 3 others in the early seventies. A superb boat.

Edited by mrsmelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This is rather uncanny but temeraire was the nicholson I used to take across from Guzz to st Petersport with 3 others in the early seventies. A superb boat.

Its not uncanny mrsmelly.I just pay attention.

 

ETA.Looks like she's still fighting fit. Bet she can still Turner few heads.

Edited by rusty69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Its not uncanny mrsmelly.I just pay attention.

 

ETA.Looks like she's still fighting fit. Bet she can still Turner few heads.

Bet mine used to go faster!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just got back to my bote tonight...594B3CDA-DE55-4C0B-BFAB-E32C805CA31B.jpeg.bac0e1c03fb7c7c449b079fe93076c65.jpeg

 

Its just a bit of drizzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just got back to my bote tonight...594B3CDA-DE55-4C0B-BFAB-E32C805CA31B.jpeg.bac0e1c03fb7c7c449b079fe93076c65.jpeg

 

Don't worry, it will melt next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2018 at 13:28, Naughty Cal said:

The snow is melting quite quickly here in Lincoln. River level will be up again in the next day or two and the flood gates on again.

Still at least there will be plenty of water in the Trent for next weekends trip to West Stockwith :D

Is there a book I can get to explain how best to procede [or not] re flood gates etc?

I have eg seen folks seek shelter inside locks inland, and wonder if they are tied , "by the bedposts" to ensure they don't end up on the towpath. ty

Edited by LadyG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Is there a book I can get to explain how best to procede [or not] re flood gates etc?

I have eg seen folks seek shelter inside locks inland, and wonder if they are tied , "by the bedposts" to ensure they don't end up on the towpath. ty

Not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just been out and bought some barby charcoal and folding chairs :cheers:

Did you buy an umbrella too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rusty69 said:

Did you buy an umbrella too?

You are an evil personage :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Just been out and bought some barby charcoal and folding chairs :cheers:

...for next summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Just been out and bought some barby charcoal and folding chairs :cheers:

Nevermind, you can store them under my pramhood whilst you pray to the weather gods! :P 

Edited by dccruiser
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking out the window watching the rain pouring down summer feels a long way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Looking out the window watching the rain pouring down summer feels a long way off.

Glorious morning here at Burton Waters. Hardly a cloud in the sky.

20180407_075558.jpg

Going to get the engine serviced this morning then head down onto the Witham to make the most of the weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was fab here an hour ago, its now light rain. No chance of moving here still well into the red and cranfleet cut is still closed anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

It was fab here an hour ago, its now light rain. No chance of moving here still well into the red and cranfleet cut is still closed anyway.

Just made our escape from the marina now the engine is serviced and we have eaten a proper full English.

20180407_115930.jpg

First stop Lincoln to grab some fish for tea later and then onto the Witham for a nice afternoon jaunt to Fiskerton Fen.

  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.