End of winter?

Featured Posts

On 23/02/2018 at 13:44, Sir Nibble said:

Welcome. Tell me, is this your first visit to Britain?

One of the most distinct memories from the first year of my adult arrival in the UK, was that of a billboard advertising TV video recorders. The boast was that they could be pre-programmed for “an entire British summer”.

In brackets, at the bottom, were the words “fourteen days”.

21 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I don't reckon much to your summer.

20180308_063417.jpg

Think we will stick to ours 30th March to 2nd April, 20th July to 5th August and 6th October to 14th October :D

:P

34 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I don't reckon much to your summer.

20180308_063417.jpg

Think we will stick to ours 30th March to 2nd April, 20th July to 5th August and 6th October to 14th October :D

A mere dusting. It will be double figures by the weekend. Tad wet perhaps?

23 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

So you were fibbing. It was summer!:)

Its raining at moment so obviously no boating. Just about to cook a huge proper full English instead............life can be so hard at times :D

• Happy 1

4 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

So you were fibbing. It was summer!:)

Almost could be as I look out of the window now. Blue skies and sunshine now. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Its raining at moment so obviously no boating. Just about to cook a huge proper full English instead............life can be so hard at times :D

Rub it in why don't you. I had to make do with cereals this morning as I had to clear the car of snow before heading to work.

• Haha 1

It feels very spring like today. We have been and done the shopping in Lincoln. We were going to head back into town for a few beers and some lunch but it is lovely sat here on the back of the boat in the sunshine so we are having a few on the boat instead. 

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

It feels very spring like today. We have been and done the shopping in Lincoln. We were going to head back into town for a few beers and some lunch but it is lovely sat here on the back of the boat in the sunshine so we are having a few on the boat instead. 

yep its fab boating wevver but as the traffic lites are on red then we have had to pull up and having to stop at the pub for today. Not even one other boat moved today.

On 28/02/2018 at 23:45, Richard10002 said:

Got the gas warm air going, and lit the boatman...... CO detector showing 29C after not too long, (whoops!), and now down to a pleasant 24C :)

Just looked at my infrequent red thermometer and it is showing 0ppm of CO.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

If you face East, shut your eyes and open your mouth you could imagine enjoying an Ice cream on Blackpool prom in July.

Well, it is Summer isnt it

i shall not bite..........I shall not bite.......I shall not bite..............

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, matty40s said:

If you face East, shut your eyes and open your mouth you could imagine enjoying an Ice cream on Blackpool prom in July.

Well, it is Summer isnt it

Today I walked to the corner shop. It was all right going there with my back to the wind, but facing NE into the snow on the way home it didn't feel like summer.

I've never been to Blackpool, but this felt like weather that belongs up north.