End of winter?

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Shall we just admit that those sneaky taxonomists are out to cause arguments between sensible people and we shouldn't knowingly buy one a beer if ever we should meet on in a pub?

I still call Kretzschmaria, ustulina, they owe me many many pints for that

I remember asking one of my tutors at Bicton College many moons ago, about why taxonomists keep shifting the goal-posts.  Her answer was "well they've got to justify their jobs somehow, haven't they?"

15 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Stuff taxonomy, that's what I say....

Stuff taxidermy.  That's what I say.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:29, mrsmelly said:

That was a very long post Bob...........Ive shortened it for you just read my signature :D

Well spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska....as Kryten would say.......

You're not getting out next Friday. Erring on the cold side of the predictions now.

2 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

Welcome. Tell me, is this your first visit to Britain?

I recall waiting for service at Barton Turns one cold and sleety March day in the days when they still had the Shakespeare boats there. One of the staff welcoming a party from the US apologised for the wintry conditions. The guy said "Son, we're from Iowa. This is not wintry weather. 20 below and three feet of snow, that's wintry weather!"

3 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

I recall waiting for service at Barton Turns one cold and sleety March day in the days when they still had the Shakespeare boats there. One of the staff welcoming a party from the US apologised for the wintry conditions. The guy said "Son, we're from Iowa. This is not wintry weather. 20 below and three feet of snow, that's wintry weather!"

Thats the spirit :cheers:

Mr Smelly has been very quiet today. I guess he must be preparing for his cruise starting Friday. I was going to suggest we all go up to his Marina on Friday to wave him off then have a good party, but it looks like the snow will be far too thick to get there. Shame.:(