End of winter?

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Peter X said:

I've never been to Blackpool, but this felt like weather that belongs up north.

Currently 70 - 80 miles north of Blackpool temperature 2.2°C and the thin covering of snow almost gone.  Please keep your weather down there.

The snow is melting quite quickly here in Lincoln. River level will be up again in the next day or two and the flood gates on again.

Still at least there will be plenty of water in the Trent for next weekends trip to West Stockwith :D

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Still at least there will be plenty of water in the Trent for next weekends trip to West Stockwith :D

Thats ok for you cos you own a proper boat whereas most of us ont forum float about in bloomin skips!! :(

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Thats ok for you cos you own a proper boat whereas most of us ont forum float about in bloomin skips!! :(

That's not a proper boat. This is a proper boat (not the plastic pig in the background):-

Temeraire.jpg

• Horror 1

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Well yes, a really nice (old design) fast boat, but not a lot of use on the south oxford.

This is rather uncanny but temeraire was the nicholson I used to take across from Guzz to st Petersport with 3 others in the early seventies. A superb boat.

Edited by mrsmelly

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This is rather uncanny but temeraire was the nicholson I used to take across from Guzz to st Petersport with 3 others in the early seventies. A superb boat.

Its not uncanny mrsmelly.I just pay attention.

ETA.Looks like she's still fighting fit. Bet she can still Turner few heads.

Edited by rusty69

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2018 at 13:28, Naughty Cal said:

The snow is melting quite quickly here in Lincoln. River level will be up again in the next day or two and the flood gates on again.

Is there a book I can get to explain how best to procede [or not] re flood gates etc?

I have eg seen folks seek shelter inside locks inland, and wonder if they are tied , "by the bedposts" to ensure they don't end up on the towpath. ty

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Is there a book I can get to explain how best to procede [or not] re flood gates etc?

I have eg seen folks seek shelter inside locks inland, and wonder if they are tied , "by the bedposts" to ensure they don't end up on the towpath. ty

Not really.

8 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Looking out the window watching the rain pouring down summer feels a long way off.

Glorious morning here at Burton Waters. Hardly a cloud in the sky.

20180407_075558.jpg

Going to get the engine serviced this morning then head down onto the Witham to make the most of the weather.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

It was fab here an hour ago, its now light rain. No chance of moving here still well into the red and cranfleet cut is still closed anyway.

Just made our escape from the marina now the engine is serviced and we have eaten a proper full English.

20180407_115930.jpg

First stop Lincoln to grab some fish for tea later and then onto the Witham for a nice afternoon jaunt to Fiskerton Fen.

• Happy 1