End of winter?

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Won't be fooled again.

It was quite amusing when back in the days at the end of Tony Blair's reign, some wag suggested the labour party change their theme tune from D-ream "Things can only get better" to Who "Won't get fooled again". Lol!

12 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

A few days ago, the weather forecast was predicting a nice weekend. We were going to take the boat out for a few days. I dont know. It's baltic here this morning and now the forecast is for rain tomorrow. Back into hibernation mode for a few more weeks then.

I have reported at least twice already in this thread that summer starts on march first........we hope to set off second or third so that means summer starts in a fortnight how many more times do you need telling :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Hit the + symbol to the left of "quote"  on each post you wish to quote 

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Cor, I hadnt realised that. Are you clever in disguise? You are needed on the other thread! Have a greenie for that one!

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find hitting the "quote" button on each post you want to quote works perfeclty well. 

I use Rusty's method - I just want to see what would happen if I used MtB's

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tumshie

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I have reported at least twice already in this thread that summer starts on march first........we hope to set off second or third so that means summer starts in a fortnight how many more times do you need telling :rolleyes:

April 1st more like it!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I already tried that, but i'm still here. Also tried Vatican,but apparently you can only get that in Italy.

I always think someone could write a children's story about the adventures of those two imaginary creatures, the vactan and the owatrol....

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
  • Haha 1

Rusty's method stores all the quotes in the bottom right of the screen then you click - MtB's keeps sending you down to the bottom of the page to start typing so you have to keep scrolling back up.....

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Not quick enough.

I'm trying to do two things at once and I'm the only woman on earth who can't multitask. 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I always think someone could write a children's story about the adventures of those two imaginary creatures, the vactan and the owatrol....

Dunno about imaginary,I'm sure I saw the Owatrol in the Gruffalo ,Owatrol Icecream.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I'm doing 3 things at once......badly.

Interesting point. There was a programme on the Beeb a while ago discussing some research on the subject. The conclusion was wimmins are no better at multi-tasking than blokes, they just claim to be. 

In addition, they concluded multi-tasking makes one feel productive but doesn't actually make us so. We are all more efficient if we do one thing at a time and finish it, before moving on to the next.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I'm doing 3 things at once......badly.

1.Patting your head

2.Rubbing your tummy

3.Checking your bluetooth connected Victron battery monitor,whilst still in bed

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Maybe in your neck of the wood - up here it's about the second week in August. 

Blimey, your in August already? way in front of us then:giggles:

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Maybe in your neck of the wood - up here it's about the second week in August. 

Up your way, summer is the second week in August.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

1.Patting your head

2.Rubbing your tummy

3.Checking your bluetooth connected Victron battery monitor,whilst still in bed

No, I am out of bed now.:)

18 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Only.on your calendar!  For everyone else Spring starts in March.