Little One

Featured Posts

Hi All,

There are a few things in which we would like to find out about NB Effingham and we are looking for anyone with any information.

1 - Photos, We originally had quite a lot of photos of Effingham, but on losing a phone lost a handful of photos which we can no longer seem to find. One, in particular, is Effingham on the Runcorn arm. However, any photos of her are very much appreciated. We are trying to get her looking back to how she first was, but handy to have more images.

2 - Pimblott plans for Admiral Class boats. As well as we are looking for Effingham build number. We have an image of the plate (Image is attached "ISAAC_PIMBLOTT.PNG") which we believe is what Effingham would have had on her. Would like to either find original or have a one replicated, but need the build number for this. Any documents or image would be very much appreciated.

We do already have some information and a timeline set up on Effingham website from some of her past, including the video of her going up Anderton Boatlift.

http://nbeffingham.co.uk/time-line/

We would like to thank anyone in advance for any information, documents or even images or anything they have to help towards under covering Effingham history. Everything we find will be shared on Effingham website nbeffingham.co.uk

ISAAC_PIMBLOTT.png

28033288_775601689298044_1534550351_o.jpg

• Greenie 1

If Mr Shepperd were to scroll through his e-mails he will find the one that I sent on 16 April 2016, and this included an attachment detailing the notes I hold on EFFINGHAM - including its Pimblott Yard Number and enough other detail for you to base the timeline on.

edit = I think both BENBOW and GRENVILLE retain their Pimblott builders plate, and I suspect EFFINGHAM's will have been removed by an 'enthusiast' for their private collection.

Edited by pete harrison

4 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

If Mr Shepperd were to scroll through his e-mails he will find the one that I sent on 16 April 2016, and this included an attachment detailing the notes I hold on EFFINGHAM - including its Pimblott Yard Number and enough other detail for you to base the timeline on.

edit = I think both BENBOW and GRENVILLE retain their Pimblott builders plate, and I suspect EFFINGHAM's will have been removed by an 'enthusiast' for their private collection.

Hi Pete, 

I have just logged into Devs emails, and he feels quite foolish he somehow has missed the yard number! The timeline on the Effy site is based off what you had sent him. I believe his dad printed a shorten version and laminated it for him to keep on Effingham, which is the one I used to put on the website. This is the first time I have seen this and shall now however definitely be updating the timeline with all the information you sent him! 

In regards to how you found this information, I have found that Cheshire archives have copies of vessel registration from the Pimblotts yard. Have you been to see these? 

2 minutes ago, Little One said:

Hi Pete, 

In regards to how you found this information, I have found that Cheshire archives have copies of vessel registration from the Pimblotts yard. Have you been to see these? 

I have a photocopy of the Pimblott Yard List, and although incomplete (Yard No. 634 of 1941 to the last boat Yard No. 832 of 1971)  it includes all of the narrow boats that they built. I also have a complete photocopy of the Yarwood Yard Book, and I have recently sent a digital version of this to the archive at Ellesmere Port :captain:

2 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

I have a photocopy of the Pimblott Yard List, and although incomplete (Yard No. 634 of 1941 to the last boat Yard No. 832 of 1971)  it includes all of the narrow boats that they built. I also have a complete photocopy of the Yarwood Yard Book, and I have recently sent a digital version of this to the archive at Ellesmere Port :captain:

How willing are you to shear these :) Looks like we are planning a trip in April to look at the archives in Chester, definitely will be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Little One said:

How willing are you to shear these :) Looks like we are planning a trip in April to look at the archives in Chester, definitely will be interesting.

If you are going to Chester Records Office (or whatever it is called) then you should be able to get copies of the original Documents, and these will better quality than photocopies of photocopies. If you can't find them at Chester give me a shout and I am sort something out :captain:

2 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

If you are going to Chester Records Office (or whatever it is called) then you should be able to get copies of the original Documents, and these will better quality than photocopies of photocopies. If you can't find them at Chester give me a shout and I am sort something out :captain:

I will let you know how it all goes :)