Hire boat with boatmans cabin and vintage engine

Jacq

Featured Posts

Wrong thread baldy!

The prices seem extremely competitive, I was expecting a big premium for a trad hire. Now I'm no longer a ditch crawler you may well have a customer, when I start missing it.

Er no Carlt.. Lise and I owned "Florence" !! we sold her in 2005 :rolleyes: to the previous owners who have just sold it again .....

So thats one of your 'old' boats accounted for, what about the rest?????

um err ah wellthey are all over the place..most still floating ( fingers crossed)

Have you sorted the plumbing on your 'oldest' boat yet?

Simon.

sort of been busy putting in new set of side doors and wind genny and getting ready for winter, start ripping out kitchen/bathroom in the next few weeks and complete replumbing of ALL pipes ( we have found a mixture of plastic/copper/rubber hoses)

we have modificated some of the engine plumbing for the calorifier so that should now all be ok when it goes in

• 1 month later...

We hired this boat for a long weekend winter cruise last weekend, we had great time and have to say this has to be one of the most comfortable boats we have hired, it benefits from an enormous kitchen / living space and a full sized bed in the bows. The boat is superb, the other people we met out and about couldn’t believe it was a hire boat.

The Lister Diesel makes all the right noises and adds to the enjoyment of the cruise. Kevin went out of his way to ensure everything went to plan, I would recommend anyone who has hired before to give this boat a try as it is a truly brilliant experience.

I will be contacting Kevin again without a doubt.

• 3 weeks later...
A belated word of warning. Using a vehicle to carry people who have paid you for a holiday would almost certainly constitute using it for "hire and reward". To do this legally you would need either a Private Hire Vehicle Operators Licence from your local council (and the vehicle may then have to meet any standards laid down by them) or a Public Service Vehicle Operators Licence, which involves a rather more onerous procedure. I suggest you check with your Council's Taxi Licensing Section in the first instance.

Since I work in Licensing for our local authority I can advise that Private Hire Operators Licenses only apply to motor vehicles - BW and the IWA can advise on what licenses are required for holiday hire of watercraft. :lol:

Wishing you the best pf luck with your venture - keep us informed.