Bilateral Worlds.

brassedoff

Featured Posts

Our first extensive travels around England were all by boat - it was very strange eventually to have a car and find how different everything was travelling between places we only knew by canal - how close towns were, and how different they looked when buildings were viewed from the front rather than the back door.

I have to remind myself to cut the "G'd morning" out when I am walking down the high street. Funny looks and crossing to the other pavement soon kicks in.

Having a lovely 17 hour cruise from Gnossal to Stafford and taking 13 minutes in the car to get back to collect the other car brings it home.

2 hours ago, JamesFrance said:

If you need to leave the cut you could try living in a French village where everybody says hello and you have to kiss all the women.   Only the occasional tractor passes our gate.   Just like a bankside mooring really.

Maybe the Holywood pervs could try that excuse.........

2 hours ago, JamesFrance said:

If you need to leave the cut you could try living in a French village where everybody says hello and you have to kiss all the women.   Only the occasional tractor passes our gate.   Just like a bankside mooring really.

Yeah, everybody says hullo - or bonjour, but some of the grand-meres are a bit bristly

18 hours ago, brassedoff said:

Living on the Canal with social mixing difficulties for the last few years I have come to a point where walking on roads is quite difficult and scary with cars and wagons passing so close, it's like I live in another world away from people.

It's relief to get back on the muddy tow path. (Back to safety)

I never use to talk to people before I got on the canal but now it's like two worlds when I walk on the roads.

I ignore them because they might hurt me.

Weird post I know...

Living on a boat!! you bloomin weirdo!! I hope you are still on the HOUSING ladder and at least ten years in to paying a forty year mortgage off......indeed only weirdos would actualy live on a boat..........Jeeeeeesus.

3 hours ago, JamesFrance said:

Funnily enough I have just been online and some properties came up for sale in France. Some nice ones and again they seem to be buy one get one free, I mentioned this a month or so ago to our resident estate agent over there. So I went on fleabay and there are loads for sale for very small money and of course BULGARIA...........blimey you can buy the whole country for a tenner. Weird innitt?

3 hours ago, JamesFrance said:

And the men too when you really get into it. It can take all day just to go from one end of the village to the other where we are. You also have to know how many kisses to give - one on each cheek is most usual, but it can often be two or even three, and it is an awful faux pas to give too many or too few. At least you don't have to suffer that embarrassing "mwahh" noise you often get in the UK.

1 hour ago, Tam & Di said:

And the men too when you really get into it. It can take all day just to go from one end of the village to the other where we are. You also have to know how many kisses to give - one on each cheek is most usual, but it can often be two or even three, and it is an awful faux pas to give too many or too few. At least you don't have to suffer that embarrassing "mwahh" noise you often get in the UK.

In the UK they tend to offer Dandruff kisses instead.

On 12/02/2018 at 11:13, Dav and Pen said:

... But when I was 17 went to sea with Shell Tankers and after 14 months paid off in South Shields, now that was scary. 

South Shields Marine tech was a parallel universe also. A very fine town