Mooring needed for fit out

Tony Bostock

Featured Posts

Hi, hope someone can help.

I am looking for a mooring for end this year and next to fit out my new lined sailaway. It will be 50ft and will require finishing only as coming fully lined, ballasted and floored.

I am located on northeast corner of Nottingham very close to M1 J26 so upper reaches of the erewash canal would be best with Langley Mill being perfect.

I do not need services just space with somewhere I can get my car reasonable close for materials, etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Tony

9 minutes ago, Tony Bostock said:

Hi, hope someone can help.

I am looking for a mooring for end this year and next to fit out my new lined sailaway. It will be 50ft and will require finishing only as coming fully lined, ballasted and floored.

I am located on northeast corner of Nottingham very close to M1 J26 so upper reaches of the erewash canal would be best with Langley Mill being perfect.

I do not need services just space with somewhere I can get my car reasonable close for materials, etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Tony

Have you tried Langley mill boatyard?

11 minutes ago, Tony Bostock said:

Good thought, will keep it in mind when I contact them. Thanks

Seeing as you have posted what 'you want, really, really want' and they have posted in reply I am guessing that they are aware of your requirements and they would not have suggested contacting them if they were not prepared to offer what you want.

I have always found that being honest is the best policy - if things do not go the way you want (they say no) then at least you know where you stand, if you get into a marina and they find out you are doing something you shouldn't, or there is an accident then the ramifications could be much more severe than them having said 'no' in the first place.

It is Chinese New year - it is the year of the dog which represents honesty and loyalty. Something the world could do with much more of.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Who said anything about being dishonest. I am always honest and straight with people.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that honesty is the best policy, all I said was I would keep it in mind when I talk to them.

Thanks for you comments

Tony

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, Tony Bostock said:

Good thought, will keep it in mind when I contact them. Thanks

A bit late to now tell them anything other than in your first post. (EDIT: but your latest comments now noted!)

If "stagedamager" has said they may be able to accommodate you, he is already well aware of your needs, and presumably happy his yard can meet them!

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Greenie 1

• 4 weeks later...