should I start with a shorter narrowboat ?

PMcC

Featured Posts

As a 71 year old single hander with a 55' semi trad and 22 years experience of extended (but not full time cc or  liveaboard) I feel able to comment .

If I knew then what I know now I would have chosen a shorter boat, say 42 -45 '.  Like it or not as one gets older everything gets heavier and that includes both boats and everything associated with them.

Frank

If this thread remains on topic i'll add more in the morning when i can use my laptop

Edited by Slim
Additional note
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Did you decide to go for a Dental Appointment after all?

Macavity's a Mystery Cat: he's called the Hidden Paw—
For he's the master criminal who can defy the Law.
He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair:
For when they reach the scene of crime—Macavity's not there

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

That's a lovely idea in theory ..... but it's never gonna work in my world. Is a saucer not one of those things you rest your paint brush on?

Don't be silly - it would stick to all the left over screws from "fixing" things.

Edited by TheBiscuits
wrong word!

12 minutes ago, PMcC said:

There's only one answer and that's  GIMBALS :)

An adroit suggestion sir. But I fail to see how all natural liquorice will help in this situation (unless your Scottish, or is it Scots) 17210315?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Edited by rusty69

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

An adroit suggestion sir. But I fail to see how all natural liquorice will help in this situation (unless your Scottish, or is it Scots) 

As a Sassenach I find calling them "Scotch" is the best way to make new friends in Glasgae.

Although many of our northern friends seem to think I am a tailor named James.

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Surely the length of the boat you are looking for will be inversely proportional to the distance it is parked in the field away from the canal and how many walls you have to lift it over?

You must be well off. Processing film in a dark room is a rich man's game. Can you have a dark room on a boat?

Yep, I got a darkroom on my boat. I'm not rich. Keep things simple and it's cheap as chips.