pru tim

haza

Featured Posts

we have been here before ...but say what you want too about pru an tim ..but for me i have always  like there boating trips ..just watched the last installment  silly me still crying so beautifully done long may it continue .thanks  to you both 

• Happy 1

Mon and Brec - lovely canal.  Unfortunately the programme was out of sequence so the Newport link renovation was introduced half-way through the voyage, and was also inaccurate because the section south of Goytre Wharf was said to be closed, whereas it isn't.   In theory, if the weed is manageable, you can progress as far as Pontypool.

16 minutes ago, Aguila said:

That was the last programme in series 8. I wonder if there will be any more?

It may be a matter of whether the greater public want to see them and that depends on the advertisers perception.

29 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I like watching them too, but what's this got to do with boat building and maintenance?

Perhaps in the latest episode which I missed, Pru was shown servicing a diesel engine?  

Well my friends boat did require a little maintenance after Tim steered a little to close to them last summer in Braunston.

Ian.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:21, haza said:

who is ...lol most boaters think they are the best ...but i just let them think that ...

He went straight up the bank and aground when he eventualy pulled over to wave us past, he goes so slow ya have to keep going out of gear bless him when behind him. Still got a smile from them though.

What I don't get is how, when Tim sets off snapping the still-secured stern line that he's standing right next to, it's somehow Pru's fault when she's on the bank 40 feet ahead of him.  Is he extremely short sighted?  Whilst there sometimes has to be an element of trust when you've asked to cast off forward and received an "all gone forward" or similar reply from the crew, I'd expect any reasonable helmsman to let go aft himself or at least spare a glance to check the stern line right alongside him was clear before moving off - even if the other crew member wasnt suffering memory issues.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

What I don't get is how, when Tim sets off snapping the still-secured stern line that he's standing right next to, it's somehow Pru's fault when she's on the bank 40 feet ahead of him.  Is he extremely short sighted?  Whilst there sometimes has to be an element of trust when you've asked to cast off forward and received an "all gone forward" or similar reply from the crew, I'd expect any reasonable helmsman to let go aft himself or at least spare a glance to check the stern line right alongside him was clear before moving off - even if the other crew member wasnt suffering memory issues.

You see it every day, Sir stands at the tiller holding firmly in case the rudder falls off while the crew struggles with closing the gate behind him then struggling to draw the bottom paddles.Sir carefully looking straight ahead.