Gas-Oil (Red Diesel) Fuel Card

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

When we filled at Kings late Spring last year the pump had some sort of notice to the effect that self service operation was out of use. I was told that HMRC had told them to discontinue its use as it was not legal as it only dispensed at one duty rate. 

37 minutes ago, pearley said:

When we filled at Kings late Spring last year the pump had some sort of notice to the effect that self service operation was out of use. I was told that HMRC had told them to discontinue its use as it was not legal as it only dispensed at one duty rate. 

That would be about the time the pump went onto "dispense without the 'clock' going around".

One boat (unfortunately not me) filled-up (lots of litres) and the cost was shown as £3.50

The 'clock' is not set at a 'duty-rate' it is set at a price & can be set at whatever price is required.

I have not used the pump at Kings since filling up with 2000 litres early last Summer.

At Hull Marina I filled several Jerry cans and was 'given' 0/100 rate as the fuel could have been used for domestic, my tractor or lawn mower.