12v oil pump for £13.99

Rebotco

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There has been a thread about these on FB, take care on how warm the engine is

Not being a FB user what was the general consensus? I will mainly use it for diesel transfer so heat would not be a problem.

8 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

I was thinking of getting one for scavenging water from the bottom of my diesel tank

I quite like that idea as well but must remember not to use it for both unless someone could tell me an effective  way of flushing it through after using it for scavenging

13 minutes ago, reg said:

Not being a FB user what was the general consensus? I will mainly use it for diesel transfer so heat would not be a problem.

I quite like that idea as well but must remember not to use it for both unless someone could tell me an effective  way of flushing it through after using it for scavenging

Probably best not to use it for both jobs, but in the past, I have bought a bottle of white spirit and pumped that through to flush the pump/pipes. I also used a different lift pipe to extract oil from the engine to that of the diesel tank, to try and avoid cross-contamination. I used a similar method when my now expired gearbox used ATF, and hadn't to be contaminated with engine oil.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, pearley said:

Would you not have to add some sort of rigid pipe to suck from the bottom of the fuel tank, gear box or engine sump?

I use a piece of (copper?) car brake pipe for the tank job. I find a piece of fairly rigid plastic is good for engine/gearbox. I use a Pella pump now, but this applied to my one-time electric pump.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, pearley said:

Would you not have to add some sort of rigid pipe to suck from the bottom of the fuel tank, gear box or engine sump?

For the fuel tank you could simply cable tie it to a stick. 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

For the fuel tank you could simply cable tie it to a stick. 

I'll try that sometime ;) That has the advantage of not restricting the bore, which my current setup does.

Output: engine oil (max. 60°C) 0.2L/min, diesel 1.5L/min

So 7.5 times slower for oil (though it doesn't say what viscosity, which must make a difference) than for diesel.

I'm not sure I'd call that an Ultimate Speed Oil Pump.

Even if the 0.2L/min is achievable, (which I doubt), that's over an hours running to pump out an HA3.

The "more details" doesn't work for me, but I doubt it has a duty cycle where it is good for running over an hour continuously.

Treat with caution, I would say!

11 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

The "more details" doesn't work for me

I think that refers to the 3 year warranty info only. 

Re the specifications if it does the 1.5l/m for diesel then that means quarter of an hour for 1 Gerry can of diesel. So on reflection it's not for me as hand pump is quicker. 

45 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The listing doesn't say if it is self priming. 

If it isn't, and it doesn't look like a self priming pump, it is useless for most purposes including those mentioned above.

Surely it must be self-priming, otherwise its no use for the advertised purpose of draining the oil out of cars. I popped in to Aldi today but they didn't have any yet - checking the website they will be in our area on Sunday.

2 hours ago, reg said:

I wont use facrcebook either. However I find that just about everything ever produced is on you tube and having just had a quick check these pumps are on there and you just log on no silly sign up or club membership :cheers:

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I wont use facrcebook either. However I find that just about everything ever produced is on you tube and having just had a quick check these pumps are on there and you just log on no silly sign up or club membership :cheers:

I do use FB for certain things, but agree that Youtube is an amazing resource. Our Gennie packed in a week or two ago, and despite its old age, there was a guy in the USA who did a demo on how to strip the carb and clean it etc. I would have tackled it regardless, but the vid. made the task so much easier. I have had similar experiences with guitar issues, camera issues, car issues, wife issues etc. etc.  Some good music on there too. Makes havin' t'internet worthwhile :) 

39 minutes ago, catweasel said:

wife issues 

Could please start a new thread on this one and expand on your success story please?;)

Wouldn`t this be quicker if dedicated for purpose and with a little modification of pipework? Or would viscosity be a problem?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1100GPH-Marine-Bilge-Pump-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Water-Pump-12V-/182052165900?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

36 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Could please start a new thread on this one and expand on your success story please?;)

Wouldn`t this be quicker if dedicated for purpose and with a little modification of pipework? Or would viscosity be a problem?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1100GPH-Marine-Bilge-Pump-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Water-Pump-12V-/182052165900?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

As its a bilge pump its a centrifugal impeller so will not self prime. The you have to work out a way of getting hose that's large enough to go around the body and then small enough to go down a dipstick hole. through a  fuel filler.

Typical partial Ebay description designed to confuse.