New service to boaters.

Gilly1

Featured Posts

Gilly, if you have a local hire boat company then they may have opportunities for working on turn round days preparing the hire boats ready for the next customers. Many hire boat operators have boats going out on various days of the week so there could easily be 3 or 4 days of work. Typical tasks would be cleaning inside and outside boats, filling diesel, replacing gas bottles, filling water tanks, engine maintenance, painting etc.

1 hour ago, grahamjnewman said:

Gilly

Where are you based ? - I am the Service Manager at Braunston Marina and could offer work of the type you are offering.

Gilly

Where are you based ? - I am the Service Manager at Braunston Marina and could offer work of the type you are offering.

Hi Graham

We are based in Macclesfield Cheshire, which is quite a distance from you, depending on what work you could offer.

Please tell me what you had in mind?

Thank you

11 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

I understand in lunun a place I avoid like the plague you can now get fuel delivered to your car. ( too posh to stop at the servo?) bizarre - car passes servo regularly or are they so rich there they just leave them running?

I can see some people using this service. People fail to realise just how busy London can be . I lived there for 40 years and can remember my local supermarket which had 40 checkouts having queues 20 deep just to pay  . Another supermarket had walkie talkie wielding security who controlled the numbers going in. " hello Fred; let two more in as two have just left"

Phil 

1 hour ago, Iain_S said:

First time I went to Wales, it was closed.

I remember that canal trip! Everywhere we stopped looking for a meal, the place was shut that night and when we stopped planning to shop, it was that areas half holiday or similar and the shops were shut. That must have been about 30 years ago and we haven't had a similar problem since! I remember the trip as we had visitors on board with us and it was a struggle to feed 5 of us :-) 

Haggis

23 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

There are a few boats on the canals, but there are far more dogs. Could you offer any services that would be useful to boater dog owners?  Just wondering, I'm not a dog owner myself.

There's definately a demand for poopickeruppers, from the evidence I've stood in!

I'm getting quite busy at work these days and don't have much time for cleaning. I actually wouldn't mind getting someone in for a couple of hours every fortnight to dust surfaces and hoover the floor. With the stove on over winter it tends to get a bit dusty and I can't bear hoovering. My cabin area is 40' x 12' so quite a big space.

I wonder how many house cleaners who put ads in newsagents windows would consider cleaning the inside of a boat?

Edited by blackrose

15 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I'm getting quite busy at work these days and don't have much time for cleaning. I actually wouldn't mind getting someone in for a couple of hours every fortnight to dust surfaces and hoover the floor. With the stove on over winter it tends to get a bit dusty and I can't bear hoovering. My cabin area is 40' x 12' so quite a big space.

I wonder how many house cleaners who put ads in newsagents windows would consider cleaning the inside of a boat?

I suspect if anything was going to put of a cleaner it's probably not cleaning the boat its self but where your boat might be moored - out of town or a muddy towpath. Someone already living on a boat might be a better bet.

Edited by Tumshie

10 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I suspect if anything was going to put of a cleaner it's probably not cleaning the boat its self but where your boat might be moored - out of town or a muddy towpath. Someone already living on a boat might be a better bet.

25 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Nothing wrong with the idea. I,m sure theres plenty need the money and a boat isnt so big a cleaning job inside.  Marinas may be better placed to offer a cleaning service. Whats the going rate ?

12 minutes ago, Irob said:

Whats the going rate ?

Cash in hand might be about £10, a bit more if they have to drive out of the local built up area.

A professional service £25+ but those prices might vary from area to area.

That's probably a conservative guess though.

29 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Fortunately I'm not moored in a muddy location. I'm on a river with vehicle access right up to the boat - not a muddy towpath in sight.

There you go then - sorted. I suspect for someone who cleans houses a boat would be easy peasy.