London gets tough

NigelMoore

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

When I look at the picture before its broken up I get that feeling like my shoes are on the wrong feet.

I'll take your word that there is more than one layer but it still gives me the heebee jeebees. :)

Shingles.:closedeyes:

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Never mind. Gurl, innit! 

<Ducks for cover :giggles: >

*throws something oily*

I would of thrown my slate ripper but I need that and it's not very aerodynamic.

Edited by Tumshie

Speaking of Castrol GTX, does anybody remember the "liquid engineering" TV ad from the 70s?

You might be interested to know that it was golden syrup, not oil. A friend of mine was a driver for a firm that delivered props for filming, and he turned up with a 50 gallon drum of the stuff, presumably because they thought it would take a lot of tries to get it right. When it all worked perfectly on the second take, Timbo asked them what they were going to do with the remaining 48 gallons of golden syrup, to which the reply was "Throw it out -- why, do you want it?"

Thanks to another friend with an item in his bathroom made out of an old Belling tea urn and a lot of copper pipe, this explains why Timbo offered to bring some gin to a camping weekend down in Devon, and turned up with a gallon in a demijohn... ;-)

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2018 at 21:38, Tumshie said:

Sorry - sometimes I forgets I speak foreign - it means your a tell tail.

No it doesn't!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

No it doesn't!

Now yer jist a haver.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

And a smart arse.:clapping: