London gets tough

NigelMoore

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

The only spirits I like are vodka and irn-bru. 

I use to drink that poo while living at me mums ,   'mum can you get me some iron brew?'

I had already been to the alcochemists for my additive. Very Very norty.

It's nice  but it's gets you dizzy wizzy pritty quickly.

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

You are more than welcome - I love emojis 

Fankooooo:cheers::cheers:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, brassedoff said:

I use to drink that poo while living at me mums ,   'mum can you get me some iron brew?'

I had already been to the alcochemists for my additive. Very Very norty.

It's nice  but it's gets you dizzy wizzy pritty quickly.

Fankooooo:cheers::cheers:

You have some sense of humour!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

You're gonna have smilie cheers thingies all over the place now - aren't ya?

My favourite one is the hug - :hug:

• 4 weeks later...

I have just come across an advert for a live aboard narrowboat rental in London, with no mooring. The ad has a unique new description for movement requirements –

I am looking for an extremely trust worthy and experienced individual or couple to call the boat home for a minimum of 6 months. You will need to prove that you have solid experience in both living on and moving narrow boats on a regular basis as the boat is to be kept continuously cursing (required to move every 2 weeks or so).”  [my bold]

For some, it would seem an apt enough interpretation of “CC”.

Either a chance for six months free boating or a dimwit asking for their licence to be revoked. "Or so ' is a bit dubious though.

Or when he wants it back to find it has wandered off into the wide blue yonder, changed its name and colour, never to be seen again. Ah well, que sera.

Or when he wants it back to find it has wandered off into the wide blue yonder, changed its name and colour, never to be seen again. Ah well, que sera.

:D

...leaving the owner continuously cursing, no doubt.

:D

...leaving the owner continuously cursing, no doubt.

Very good guys :)

Either a chance for six months free boating . . .

I did say that the advert was for a rental. They were asking for £500/month if I recall correctly.

I only posted that portion of the ad because the typo rendering 'continuous cruising' as 'continuous cursing' struck me as a serendipitously amusing and yet potentially apt one.

I did say that the advert was for a rental. They were asking for £500/month if I recall correctly.

I only posted that portion of the ad because the typo rendering 'continuous cruising' as 'continuous cursing' struck me as a serendipitously amusing and yet potentially apt one.

Asking for trouble then. No home mooring, ergo, no hire licence and public announcement of the intent to rent it out. One born every minute.