Polesworth

Timx

Featured Posts

If passing polesworth, stop to go the butchers there. Polesworth is a good place to stop anyway, three pubs near the mooring, sky sports on pub opposite mooring, plus an Indian restaurant next door. Five minute walk in opposite direction to nearest convenience store. Two Further pubs, first a bit rough, but entertainment (open mic) night at w/e , next pub down has live band on Saturdays. The social club is good for sky sports with large screen. A pint and large wine was about £6. But the best was the butchers, we went in to get his award winning sausages, as per Pearsons guide, but whilst there we bought 4 fillet steaks(small) 4 lamb steaks cut large, and 8 of his award winning sausages. He gave us a bit of a discount on the steaks , but it all came to about £27 iirc. Anyway all was fantastic, just had the lamb for Sunday lunch. Thought I would mention it as I found it remarkable quality and price. I am ccing north to south , east to west, and best I have found so far in two years.So thought I would pass it on to anyone passing that way.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Thanks for the warning about the pub with sky Sports!! I will know to give it a miss :)

Each to there own, but try the butchers and don't go pub.I have just travelled two hours to find another pub with sky sports on to watch this afternoons game, and it is shut for  a refurb, grrrr at Rugeley.

7 minutes ago, Timx said:

Each to there own, but try the butchers and don't go pub.I have just travelled two hours to find another pub with sky sports on to watch this afternoons game, and it is shut for  a refurb, grrrr at Rugeley.

That's my kind of luck, ive been married twice :lol: I like Rugely though nice place to stop.

1 minute ago, system 4-50 said:

Polesworth, isn't that the place with a regular train service, weekly, and in one direction only?

yep, the boats are more regular.

I do like the pub with the Indian upstairs. Go Pub, nip upstairs and order, couple of pints and back to boat with food.