lost thread

haza

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, haza said:

about an hour ago ..i read some where ,someone was looking for a cheap dry dock ..i logged in to reply and for the life of me i can not locate the thread ...help please 

Ahoy Haza. The ''Dry dock info'' thread of 2 days ago by Eileen Welland.  Keep scrolling down, earlier threads,  and you'll find it.

hi mac when i press on link it comes up i dont have permission ..to view this ..also if you notice my thread came up twice ..thats becuse it said something went wrong try again in 8 secs ...when i did it was there twice ...also it seems one flew over the cuckoos nest again ,,,hay victor. but i do enjoy everyones attempt at humour ..and i dont mind how dry it is ...lol

32 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Ahoy Haza. The ''Dry dock info'' thread of 2 days ago by Eileen Welland.  Keep scrolling down, earlier threads,  and you'll find it.

Well I posted a link to it and that has now gone as well

Was it this 

Edited by ditchcrawler

hi mac when i press on link it comes up i dont have permission ..to view this ..also if you notice my thread came up twice ..thats becuse it said something went wrong try again in 8 secs ...when i did it was there twice ...also it seems one flew over the cuckoos nest again ,,,hay victor. but i do enjoy everyones attempt at humour ..and i dont mind how dry it is ...lol

tryed that mac still no joy ..never mind i have given up trying if eileen wellend sees this maybe she could pm me ..thanks for the help any way ...

5 minutes ago, haza said:

tryed that mac still no joy ..never mind i have given up trying if eileen wellend sees this maybe she could pm me ..thanks for the help any way ...

Click on ''view new content'' scroll up and click on the ''load more activity'' button, scroll up and click on it again, and again and you'll see the ''Dry dock info'' thread.

Apparently, the owner of this site has permissions set for that particular forum, only to be viewable by guests and "New Member" users.

A "New Member" user will remain in his / her particular user group until X number of posts have been successfully made. Upon those X number of posts having been made, the user's account is then automatically moved into the "Member" usergroup, simultaneously losing access to the "Guests and new members" forum. (I am under the impression new members' accounts are moved to the Member user group, upon making 10 successful posts?)

Viewing the forums index page as a guest:
5a7aaf80eacde_Screenshot2018-02-0714_45_29.png.d5025548aa77fd329c77fb9612c80afa.png

Viewing the forums index page while logged in:
5a7aaf833e899_Screenshot2018-02-0714_46_38.png.0437104a82893f7ecfaf5816e200bcf5.png

Hence the reason "Member" users are unable to view threads in the "Guests and new members" forum. 

EDIT 1: After further inspection of the thread, it appears as though members who are "Contributors" also have access to the "Guests and new members" forum. 

EDIT 2: My previous assumption was correct. "Contributor" members are given additional access, allowing them to view the "For guests..." category and the "Guests and new members" forum within that category. (I donated to the forum, which then added that access to my account. Non-Contributor members must log out first, prior to viewing either of the links I previously posted.) 

I hope this helps.

Edited by Asia_Off_Grid
Added additional information
  • Greenie 2

2 hours ago, Asia_Off_Grid said:

EDIT 1: After further inspection of the thread, it appears as though members who are "Contributors" also have access to the "Guests and new members" forum. 

Many thanks, that clearly explains why I can now see it, nice work. 

Eta Sorry just read the rest of your post and likewise I have recently contributed, mystery solved thanks 

Edited by reg