Winding at Stoke Bruerne

fittie

Featured Posts

I know that there is a winding 'ole just in front of the tunnel put there when the tunnel was closed but I seem to remember that we used to wind a couple of locks down.

Can a full length boat still wind in the flight and in which pound was it (if you ever could)? Or because you can now moor in lock pounds there's no room anyway.

2 hours ago, fittie said:

I know that there is a winding 'ole just in front of the tunnel put there when the tunnel was closed but I seem to remember that we used to wind a couple of locks down.

Can a full length boat still wind in the flight and in which pound was it (if you ever could)? Or because you can now moor in lock pounds there's no room anyway.

Already answered, but in more detail.....

A full length boat can wind with some effort in the pound 3 locks down, but not if levels are down much. (Tight with a Grand Union).

It's easier 4 locks down, and not really worth messing about trying in the one before, unless levels are right up.