Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
JamesFrance

Anyone Based at Pyrford Marina on the Wey?

Featured Posts

Because we live in France and are unable to visit our boat in the winter, I am wondering if anyone on the forum would cast a friendly eye over our little Aintree Beetle Jam No6 when they are checking their own boat?

9 minutes ago, Tonka said:

If I was paying £4000 to Pyrford marina surely they would be keeping an eye on it

My marina (on the Thames) certainly does and gives me a regular report - but then it's the best marina on the River....

The previous owners (before TingDene) when we were there certainly did.

Thanks, I am sure they look at the boats but I don't hear anything from them, so just for peace of mind.    Unfortunately she i hidden from the webcams.

I'll be checking ours in the next week or two so I will have a look then if you haven't had a better offer in the meantime. 

Where is Jam No6 moored ?

42 minutes ago, RichLech said:

I'll be checking ours in the next week or two so I will have a look then if you haven't had a better offer in the meantime. 

Where is Jam No6 moored ?

Many thanks, I sent you a PM.

Not sure what a casual observer is meant to report back. The boat sunk or not? Missing or not?  How would a casual observer interpret any list or trim?

9 hours ago, mark99 said:

Not sure what a casual observer is meant to report back. The boat sunk or not? Missing or not?  How would a casual observer interpret any list or trim?

The only way for much water to enter would be because drains get blocked, so there would be water in the front footwell or it would be easy to look under the deckboard on the cruiser stern to see if there is any water in the engine hole.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and she looked fine. A bit stern down, but that is what I would expect with an empty water tank. I always look at the boats around me when I visit. And given the position of your boat, Steve will see her every time he goes to serve diesel.

I wouldn't look in an engine bay without permission though, but can do so on the basis of this thread. I will be at the marina either this afternoon or tomorrow ... please PM your email address.

Mike (Shottermill)

10 minutes ago, Mike on the Wey said:

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and she looked fine. A bit stern down, but that is what I would expect with an empty water tank. I always look at the boats around me when I visit. And given the position of your boat, Steve will see her every time he goes to serve diesel.

I wouldn't look in an engine bay without permission though, but can do so on the basis of this thread. I will be at the marina either this afternoon or tomorrow ... please PM your email address.

Mike (Shottermill)

Thanks Mike, PM sent

We keep our boat at Pyrford whilst living in Australia, staff and fellow Sea Otter owners keep a friendly eye on her. Over in a couple of weeks time, will keep an eye out for her

On 03/02/2018 at 22:36, mark99 said:

I reckon any boater worth his salt could easily look at a boat and gauge wether or not it is OK or in need of some TLC .

Phil 

17 hours ago, Tasotter said:

We keep our boat at Pyrford whilst living in Australia, staff and fellow Sea Otter owners keep a friendly eye on her. Over in a couple of weeks time, will keep an eye out for her

Thanks, Mike is keeping an eye on her and all is well.   We are on the Sea Otter pontoon too so will probably see you there.   I just spent 40 Euros on two return flights from France from 6th April for two weeks.