What's this wood effect sheet called?

Mikexx

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

As has already been posted (by Tony B?), this was a popular product in the 70’s when retro matchboarding became popular. I believe it’s been discontinued for many years now. I certainly haven’t seen it around for a long time.  

I've certainly searched for an equivalent and not got anywhere.

The boat was built late 80's so perhaps some old stock. Its certainly worn well!

Next is what to replace it with!!

2 hours ago, rasputin said:

I'm in the same boat...

You're hiding well!! :D

I believe I can get 3.6mm sheets of ply 2440mm x 1220mm. I need to check how good the faced side is, and then contemplate varnishing it.

It's also an affordable solution. If I can get a nominal 4mm it should nicely fit the slot on the corner moulding.

7 hours ago, Mikexx said:

I believe I can get 3.6mm sheets of ply 2440mm x 1220mm. I need to check how good the faced side is, and then contemplate varnishing it.

It's also an affordable solution. If I can get a nominal 4mm it should nicely fit the slot on the corner moulding.

Well yes, today’s ‘modern’ equivalent to yesterday’s matchboard is a flat sheet ;)