Pump out filler cap

ian west

Featured Posts

I've just noticed that someone has stolen my brass filler cap off the pump out outlet pipe; I can't find one that would fit (2" male) online and I'm hoping that the reason for the theft was not that they are difficult to get...any pointers where to try?

17 minutes ago, ian west said:

I've just noticed that someone has stolen my brass filler cap off the pump out outlet pipe; I can't find one that would fit (2" male) online and I'm hoping that the reason for the theft was not that they are difficult to get...any pointers where to try?

Replace it with a diesel filler cap and hope someone tries to syphon your tank!

George

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, ian west said:

Ebay item number 302548608333 is nch and half but he also stocks two inch.

50 minutes ago, ian west said:

You fill your pump out tank from the outside? Do you have to erect a tent to maintain privacy? :giggles:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1. Now I'm confused - does he mean the flush fitting, or the suction ditto? Either way it's irritating. There's always the nagging doubt that a prolonged period of rain could fill the tank up....

The trick is to tighten the fitting after use.

Of course it could be - as we used to say in my IBM computer days "Probable user error"  - not tightening the plug up enough. Been there done it!

Edited by OldGoat

Thanks Martin - yes, that's exactlywhat I'm missing, the flush cap.  I'll check on the size tomorrow but hopefully this is 2" - I was getting resigned to buying a whole unit.

im convinced that it was a theft rather than my mistake - i virtually stand on it when I'm putting the chimney on, so I'm sure I would have noticed it if it was loose.

cheers

ian

1 hour ago, AndrewIC said:

At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, I take it that you know that it's probably a BSP thread, and BSP sizes are smaller than the actual size. So a 51mm hole (physically about 2 inches) is actually 1 3/4" BSP, and 38mm is 1 1/4" BSP.

I think I'm right in saying that the usual size for these filler caps is 1.5 inch bsp or about 45mm diameter.

23 hours ago, ian west said:

Lee San will probably sort you out.