Message for "Grace & Favour"

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Hi "Grace & Favour",

Just noticed you posting as a new member, and from Leeds.

Therefore I'm thinking you may well also be "Grace and Favour", (also from Leeds and still a member).

If so, I have on my conscience that sitting in my garage is a white painted 56lb (I think!) mud-weight that you were good enough to lend us in Leeds when we were about to venture on to the Aire and Calder.

I have no idea of any plan that would easily return this to you, but can tell you it is quite safe, and you can have it back as soon as a plan can be thought of.  The -problem is it is in Hertfordshire, (though could be in Northamptonshire, and maybe even at Ellesmere Port at Easter.......).

However, if "Grace & Favour" does not equal "Grace and Favour" you will have no idea what this is about! :P

53 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Hi "Grace & Favour",

Just noticed you posting as a new member, and from Leeds.

Therefore I'm thinking you may well also be "Grace and Favour", (also from Leeds and still a member).

If so, I have on my conscience that sitting in my garage is a white painted 56lb (I think!) mud-weight that you were good enough to lend us in Leeds when we were about to venture on to the Aire and Calder.

I have no idea of any plan that would easily return this to you, but can tell you it is quite safe, and you can have it back as soon as a plan can be thought of.  The -problem is it is in Hertfordshire, (though could be in Northamptonshire, and maybe even at Ellesmere Port at Easter.......).

However, if "Grace & Favour" does not equal "Grace and Favour" you will have no idea what this is about! :P

Hi Alan

It is indeed Dave of old I can tell by his cheeky remark and we are in touch via email anyway. He still resides oop Norff ont A and C. I will be seeing him ont boat this spring/summer so could transport the said item if needed. Of course I am miles away from you so I suppose he can still live without it :D

25 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We are planning to go that way this year visiting Liverpool and Leeds. We moor on the T&M near Anderton but may be leaving too early for it to reach us

I have a cunning plan........................If we get THE DUCK to you then you could strap the weight on its back and then with the power of your Dickenson mounted ECO fan you could blast it upt cut towards Grace and Favour and other Eco fan owners on route could open their front and back doors and keep the blast of hot air moving the DUCK along until destination reached :cheers:

3 hours ago, matty40s said:

I did wonder what had happened to Dave after he left Newark and the forum. I have two ecofans spinning on the Soar to assist Northward passage. 

That must be why the current is still flowing at Barrow, damn eco fans , bloody menace I tell thee.