Celebrity go boating

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

What celebrities? Had to google them to find out who they were.

You've never heard of Olympic gold medallist Tessa Sanderson, or the distinguished actor Tom Conti, or the chap who sang 'Is This The Way To Amarillo'? (I must admit that the other two baffled me).

They've got a Minervois cruisers narrowboat (the French arm of Napton Narrowboats); we hired one of these once and found that there were sometimes problems in the locks because of the low gunwales, so good luck to this lot (if you'll pardon the pun, which for a change was unintentional). It should be worth watching, if only for the gorgeous South Western French scenery and towns. Just watching it will probably make me want to visit Cahors again.

Edited by Athy

5 hours ago, Peter Reed said:

Unfortunately I am old enough to know all of them.

Same here, they're names that were prominent, talented and successful in their professions in their prime. They do actually look like quite an interesting mix of people. At least they should be a little bit less self absorbed than the twenty something Z-list wannabes that I've never heard of that seem to be associated with many of these reality shows. Whenever I hear an inarticulate idiot with a few thousand followers on Twitter claim that they are a 'social media influencer' I want to throw a brick at the screen.

• Happy 1

I've heard of all of them, and think it wise that Diarmuid Gavin will be occupied for a while doing something that doesn't involve "garden designing". I've seen him let loose in other people's gardens on TV and the results to my way of thinking have been horrendous. Big hideous expensive modernist sculptures where there could have been a nice lawn, vegetable patch and fruit trees with an old wooden shed. I hope the secret medieval gardens of Cahors have been warned he's coming.

7 hours ago, Peter X said:

I've heard of all of them, and think it wise that Diarmuid Gavin will be occupied for a while doing something that doesn't involve "garden designing". I've seen him let loose in other people's gardens on TV and the results to my way of thinking have been horrendous. Big hideous expensive modernist sculptures where there could have been a nice lawn, vegetable patch and fruit trees with an old wooden shed. I hope the secret medieval gardens of Cahors have been warned he's coming.

My idea of hell

House

Garden by Diarmuid Gavin

Interior by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowtie 

• Happy 1

Saw a trailer for the series last night. It appeared to show a narrowboat ascending a wide lock, it’s bow doors open, being tossed around wildly with water pouring into the bow cockpit and through the doors. 

If this is their hire boat, there could be the first celebrity sinking!!