Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kendorr

I have to hit the mute button!!

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, jenevers said:

Bl**dy Amazon Christmas advert. Must be on 50 times a day!

Oh the joys of not having a telly. :giggles:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenevers said:

Bl**dy Amazon Christmas advert. Must be on 50 times a day!

I haven't worked out what the total would be but the amount of times it pops up in a single feature film or an hour long program I reckon you will be pretty close or actually have under estimated, and yes it's bluddy irritating. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot stand any of the "adverts" and automatically mute them plus shut my eyes when they come on.  Trouble is, sometimes forget to open them in time!

Most of them treat viewers as ignorant imbeciles.  If you analyse what they actually say, it is 99% meaningless drivel. The remaining 1% is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rebotco said:

I cannot stand any of the "adverts" and automatically mute them plus shut my eyes when they come on.  Trouble is, sometimes forget to open them in time!

Most of them treat viewers as ignorant imbeciles.  If you analyse what they actually say, it is 99% meaningless drivel. The remaining 1% is even worse.

I think the current Vodafone one featuring Martin Freeman ice skating has got to be the most banal pointless one for a long time.

 

 

 

Edited by MJG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, people still watch adverts. With the arrival of recording box's and ad blockers, i haven't seen an advert in over15 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh there really are some really clever people on here, 

 

Why on earth didn't some of us think about not even watching TV in the first place or recording it and watching it later.........

Edited by MJG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rusty69 said:

Beats me

No seriously Rusty I stand back in awe at such ingenuity, amazing truly amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJG said:

No seriously Rusty I stand back in awe at such ingenuity, amazing truly amazing.

It amazes me how some people like watching adverts in the middle of a perfectly good program. But takes all sorts i spose.

 

Spose people like being sold crap, or perhaps they should just record the adverts and delete the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It amazes me how some people like watching adverts in the middle of a perfectly good program. But takes all sorts i spose.

 

Spose people like being sold crap, or perhaps they should just record the adverts and delete the program. 

Where does anybody say they 'like' watching them?

 

If I'm watching a current broadcast rather than a recording which I can FF they will be on and I will notice them in the background, or I will sometimes pause them make a cuppa then come back and FF through them and start watching the program again..... just like you.

 

Edited by MJG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJG said:

Where does anybody say they 'like' watching them?

 

If I'm watching a current broadcast rather than a recording which I can FF they will be on and I will notice them in the background, or I will sometimes pause them make a cuppa then come back and FF through them and start watching the program again.

 

We agree then. That must be a first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rusty69 said:

We agree then. That must be a first. 

I don't know if its a first or not, though I suspect it might be.

 

Anyway I'm hitting your mute button for a while because you are starting to irritate me again.

 

Catch you later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Jeez, people still watch adverts. With the arrival of ad blockers, i haven't seen an advert in over15 years. 

Ad blockers?

Details please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jenevers said:

Ad blockers?

Details please

Internet ad blockers like ad block and ad block plus and ublock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rebotco said:

I cannot stand any of the "adverts" and automatically mute them plus shut my eyes when they come on.  Trouble is, sometimes forget to open them in time!

Most of them treat viewers as ignorant imbeciles.  If you analyse what they actually say, it is 99% meaningless drivel. The remaining 1% is even worse.

I would say that about sums up " Match of the day "

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That bingo advert drives me nuts, featuring the well fed lady who would benefit from elocution lessons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I doubt it. 

 

Hence my question about where people keep seeing these amazon adverts 50 times a day. On the pc? I’ve never seen one. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Hence my question about where people keep seeing these amazon adverts 50 times a day. On the pc? I’ve never seen one. 

Dunno. I don't watch/listen to ANY adverts :)

 

Very rarely read a whole thread either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Dunno. I don't watch/listen to ANY adverts :)

 

Very rarely read a whole thread either. 

 

Same here, which is why I'm curious about whether they are on the telly, on the PC, on the sides of busses or where!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Same here, which is why I'm curious about whether they are on the telly, on the PC, on the sides of busses or where!

 

 

 

I did get caught out a few years back when the new twenty pound note came out. I had some old twenties  in the safe which we tried to buy fish and chips with at the local chippys. 

 

Chippy told me they were no longer accepting them, and had i not seen the tv adverts that had been running for the last 6 months. 

 

 

Edited by rusty69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any blasted advert that shows women bouncing up and down followed by ' Oooh, I've just had a Whoops moment!' 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.