Problem with BT emails

jenevers

Featured Posts

How are you accessing the email ?   On a phone or laptop ?

If it's the phone maybe it downloads the header and gets the message detail later when you request it and for some reason can't at the moment .... so I'd try again in a while.. OR you might not have enough space on the phone.

5 hours ago, KevMc said:

How are you accessing the email ?   On a phone or laptop ?

If it's the phone maybe it downloads the header and gets the message detail later when you request it and for some reason can't at the moment .... so I'd try again in a while.. OR you might not have enough space on the phone.

iPad Air2.

I’ll  try again tomorrow.

thanks

5 hours ago, Tuscan said:

Try getting rid of trash/sent emails to free up some space. Worked for me when I had this

That could be it. I’ve a bad habit of not deleting emails

Edited by jenevers

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

I have an iPad air2 and BT email. I have had this problem very occasionally. I find that terminating the email programme and restarting the iPad fixes it.

What exactly do you mean by “ terminating the email programme”, please?

Edited by jenevers

30 minutes ago, jenevers said:

What exactly do you mean by “ terminating the email programme”, please?

Double press the home button to show all the programmes (apps, in modern-speak) that are running and slide the email one upwards until it disappears. This terminates the programme, whereas just pressing the home button only sends it to sleep.

3 hours ago, Old Son said:

I have this issue regularly on mu iPhone 5 and it drives me mad!. It's always an important email too. I even switch the phone off and on again to resolve and sometimes even that does not work.

Do you actually do a hard reset on it, just turning it off/on does not do a clean restart

Its a firms phone and they use some complicated system which my phone doesn't like either. I tend to have to leave the emails until I get into the office which seems to negate the reason for having the phone in the first place!

19 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Double press the home button to show all the programmes (apps, in modern-speak) that are running and slide the email one upwards until it disappears. This terminates the programme, whereas just pressing the home button only sends it to sleep.

I’m afraid it didn’t work. But I’ve learned something new, I didn’t know about this technique, so thanks anyway.

I’ll try a few more times.

8 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Of course if you are desperate and struggling to get an important email to load, you can always go onto Safari and get it via webmail.

Dare I ask you how to do that?

18 minutes ago, jenevers said:

I’m afraid it didn’t work. But I’ve learned something new, I didn’t know about this technique, so thanks anyway.

I’ll try a few more times.

Dare I ask you how to do that?

Having terminated the mail programme, do a hard restart by holding down the sleep/wake button AND the home button, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn’t work go for webmail by clicking (tapping) this link and entering your email address and password:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Edited by nicknorman

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

If that doesn’t work go for webmail by clicking (tapping) this link and entering your email address and password:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

That doesn’t work for me. I guess it could be because I don’t have a BT email account...

:::coat::;

• Haha 2