Thermostat for BMC 1500

Mad Harold

Featured Posts

No access to my BMC as it's still in storage at present. I'm trying to find a cheap small HIAB or road legal fork lift for a one hour job at present. Once I get my donkey home, I will get my sister to post. The chap that rebuilt the engine did confirm it's a hybrid bodge job using a seperate pump that is not fitted for the existing oil cooler, BUT it was fed coolant from the keel cooling tubes of a canal boat of some type, so nothing was spat out of the exhaust. 

Busy fitting a stainless sink with manual and pressure pumps, and the 2 burner gimballed Primus, (Paraffin) and French Meths burner. Then it's time for a single ring 240v stove and a 240v microwave. Looking for a small nice stainless 12v electric kettle at present.

3 hours ago, David Mack said:

A BMC I once had was fitted with a solenoid to keep the stop control open, so it was drawing current all the time the engine was running. Soon got disconnected and replaced with a cable. Less to go wrong, and if the cable fails you can always stop it on the engine.

Just remember to push the knob back in before you try to start the engine again.

Thanks, I did not notice a cable when the engine went into storage, but will start sniffing around the bins for a good used stop handle etc.