fuel filler vent

Rickent

Featured Posts

Help.

This is my fuel cap, inside the vent there should be two pieces of flame arresting gauze.

One piece is missing. I am sure it will be a fail on BSS, so how is it replaced.

There appears to be a large nut on the inside of the filler cap so this would suggest that the piece containing the vents is removable. Is this the case and where could I source a replacement.

20180123_162216.jpg

20180123_162045.jpg

20180123_162004.jpg

31 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Help.

This is my fuel cap, inside the vent there should be two pieces of flame arresting gauze.

One piece is missing. I am sure it will be a fail on BSS, so how is it replaced.

There appears to be a large nut on the inside of the filler cap so this would suggest that the piece containing the vents is removable. Is this the case and where could I source a replacement.

Midland Chandlers.  https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/store/category/1499/product/av-025.aspx  Also in chrome. 

Other chandlers are available and may even be cheaper!!  https://www.limekilnchandlers.co.uk/brass-1/2-breather.html

To fit:  Undo big nut inside cap, remove old breather.  Fit new.   Tighten nut.   A fibre or copper washer between the breather and the filler cap would be  a good idea as you need to get a good seal or water will run into your tank, though it may do anyway as it seem the vent holes are in the groove for the opening tool.

N