Pilot based in Gloucester?

klgilfillan

Featured Posts

Hi all, I am a new boat owner and I need to take my 1993 54ft cruiser from Gloucester down to RW Davis boat builders (about 10 miles south of Gloucester) this Friday, 26 January 2018. I haven't done much boat handling and had a pilot lined up to help me do it but he has had some problems with his own boat and needs to attend to them this Fri. I wondered if anyone knows of a pilot in the Gloucester area who could help me.

(Let me know if this is the wrong place to post this). 

11 minutes ago, klgilfillan said:

Hi all, I am a new boat owner and I need to take my 1993 54ft cruiser from Gloucester down to RW Davis boat builders (about 10 miles south of Gloucester) this Friday, 26 January 2018. I haven't done much boat handling and had a pilot lined up to help me do it but he has had some problems with his own boat and needs to attend to them this Fri. I wondered if anyone knows of a pilot in the Gloucester area who could help me.

Hi

You don't need a pilot. Its a doddle bit of canal that any boater could do. Try another post offering a jolly for some boater rather than a pilot and you may get more response :cheers:

7 minutes ago, klgilfillan said:

Assuming you are in Gloucester docks already then you are just going down the canal,  so not much to it really you don't need a pilot.  Watch out for what the bridge opening hours are at this time of year though.