Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
markeymark

satirists wanted

Featured Posts

Hi, I have a 55ft trad boat and am having it converted to a tug deck to use as a stage. I am hoping to tour the UK this year and am looking for anyone who might like to be part of a floating circus type event boat. So, if you would like to perform juggling, clowning, circus skills, comedy , satire or just play some musical instrument on my tug deck, then let me know. The idea is to be non-profit so any performers are welcome to pass around the magic hat. I am not looking to make any money, just provide the boat for people to use and have some fun. If you like the idea and would like to travel the network in convoy then thats fine too

Hope to hear from you.

2 hours ago, markeymark said:

Hi, I have a 55ft trad boat and am having it converted to a tug deck to use as a stage. I am hoping to tour the UK this year and am looking for anyone who might like to be part of a floating circus type event boat. So, if you would like to perform juggling, clowning, circus skills, comedy , satire or just play some musical instrument on my tug deck, then let me know. The idea is to be non-profit so any performers are welcome to pass around the magic hat. I am not looking to make any money, just provide the boat for people to use and have some fun. If you like the idea and would like to travel the network in convoy then thats fine too

Hope to hear from you.

Hope it works for you. If it does please keep updating your location and we can fit u in to our schedule and visit you for a peek.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Hope it works for you. If it does please keep updating your location and we can fit u in to our schedule and visit you for a peek.

I'm sure you can fill a 10 minute slot.....:D

Ok, thanks. Will keep you all informed if it comes off. Hope to be starting in June...maybe. Depends on whether or not I have probs with CRT...licencing, public liability etc. -Also got to find places to moor and put on shows..lots to think about.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

I'm sure you can fill a 10 minute slot.....:D

Oooh matron.

I'm just posting this incase it's of interest - I am in no way volunteering anybody for any thing.

There is a guy on youtube that I quite like to follow sometimes, his name is Myles McDowell and he has a channel called 'Flow with Mylo'; he lives on a narrowboat and is a circus performer. He's done some circus workshops with kids so he must have had his jabs and what ever the English version of (our) Disclosure Scotland is - Disclosure England maybe? Any way, I don't know him from Adam and I'm not relaying anything that's not on his youtube channel, but you and he have narrowboats & the circus in common so I just thought I'd put that out there.

Edited by Tumshie

Hi. thanks for the info. I contacted Mylo last year and we met up, and he was going to help me and then all of a sudden he stopped contact so I have not followed it up. In his last vlog he admitted to having some problems so I did not want to put any pressure on him. That is why I am now trying to find performers in another way because its so difficult t  rely on people nowadays...GRRRRR!!

That's a shame cos he seems like a nice guy. 

Well, I'm afraid that was probably the best I could offer and I'm sorry it wasn't very much, but I wish you all the best with your plans.

If you have a Vlog/Blog could you let us know how to find you, it would be nice you follow along find out how things go.

:)

Edited by Tumshie

Thanks, I am hoping to get a vlog going at some stage, and yes, Mylo appears to be a nice guy so I dont know what happened....lifes a rocky road for us all sometimes!

13 hours ago, markeymark said:

Hi. thanks for the info. I contacted Mylo last year and we met up, and he was going to help me and then all of a sudden he stopped contact so I have not followed it up. In his last vlog he admitted to having some problems so I did not want to put any pressure on him. That is why I am now trying to find performers in another way because its so difficult t  rely on people nowadays...GRRRRR!!

deleted

Edited by LadyG

On 22/01/2018 at 13:17, markeymark said:

Hope to hear from you.

Lovely idea. Message me when you're close to up and running. I might be able to help and put you in touch with a few performers. And if the timing is right I'd enjoy joining the convoy for awhile. 

Good luck.